There are two codes for the security of the MOTOROLA L6, the unlock code which is usually 4 digits and is set originally to '1234' and the security code which is 6 digits and set at the factory to '000000'. These codes are the same across the world unless a specific service provider decides to change them.
• To change the unlock code, you can go to NEW PASSWORDS by going to the SECURITY option in the SETTINGS menu. The phone will prompt you to enter UNLOCK code, Put in '1234' or the last 4 digits of your phone number and if both don't work, try the security code 6 digit number.
• If you lose the other codes like SIM PIN code, PIN2 code, cell barring password and even the SECURITY CODE, these can be reset by only the service provider.
• You can prevent others from misusing your phone locking it when not in use. This is achieved by selecting LOCK NOW in the PHONE LOCK options in the SECURITY menu
• Choosing AUTOMATIC LOCK to ON in the PHONE LOCK menu will lock the phone automatically whenever it is turned off.
• A locked phone can receive phone calls but will need to be unlocked using the code to be answered
• There is also a simple way to prevent accidental pressing of keys by locking the key pad using the main menu soft key followed by the '*' key in quick succession.
Nov 17, 2007 |
Motorola Mobility L6 Cellular Phone