Question about BenQ (200NSH-LAMP) Projector Lamp for PB6100, PB620
My projector lens is dirty from the inside how can get in and clean it is it eazy to take apart and put back or do I need a technician to do it and were can I get one in southern California???
I have an Optoma EzPro 737 DLP projector that accumulated dust inside the lens and for ages I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. It cast shadows onto the picture and scattered light outside the edges of the picture. I thought I'd have to dismantle the whole lens assembly (then realised that this is virtually impossible without being an expert). I then stumbled upon a little black rubbery plastic panel on the side of the light path, which unclips. I then realised that the dust had built up on the lens that sits in front of the DMD chip (the thing that makes the picture).
Here's what I did, with the case open and having vaccuumed out all the dusty parts of the projector to avoid making the situation worse:
- Took off the little rubbery panel,
- Removed the lamp from the projector and placed a flashlight inside, shining into the light path (or a mirror directing light from a table lamp above)
- Looking directly into the lens from close up, you should be able to see the particles of dust stuck to the inner lens (with a nice magnified view)
- First tried blowing air into the gap on the side of the light path (I used a balloon pump).
- Next, I poked a piece of thick nylon fishing line into the hole so that it could touch the surface of the inner lens.
- While looking into the lens, I could see the tip of the nylon, then directed it to the largest dust particles and used it to scrape them off (nylon is much softer than glass, so won't scratch the lens).
- This was quite time consuming but I got rid of the most obvious bits.
I'm not sure how different this would be for another model of projector - but I hope it helps!
Posted on Sep 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2014 | BenQ MX615 DLP Projector 3D Ready...
Jan 16, 2014 | BenQ (200NSH-LAMP) Projector Lamp for...
Use a soft cloth to clean the projector and the ventilation grilles. When the grilles become dirty, wipe them with a soft cloth dampened
with diluted mild detergent, and then wipe them with a dry cloth."
Mar 15, 2011 | Mitsubishi XD110U / SD110U Projector Lamp
Nov 22, 2010 | BenQ (200NSH-LAMP) Projector Lamp for...
Jun 12, 2009 | BenQ (200NSH-LAMP) Projector Lamp for...
Feb 23, 2009 | BenQ (200NSH-LAMP) Projector Lamp for...
Feb 01, 2009 | BenQ (200NSH-LAMP) Projector Lamp for...
Jun 18, 2008 | BenQ (200NSH-LAMP) Projector Lamp for...
Apr 07, 2008 | BenQ (200NSH-LAMP) Projector Lamp for...
1,648 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: