Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power at all but the outlet is hot - Microwave Ovens

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 525 Answers

Replace the outlet as soon as you receive this message and check also the power cord.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave oven


An internal fuse may have opened

Aug 18, 2016 | GE JVM1490 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

There's no power to my sharp LC24LE240E. I've checked the fuse and power outlet and both are fine. Any ideas??


It may be a thermal fuse. There is a thermal fuse in most modern microwaves that will kill the unit if something gets too hot in the cavity. Sometimes the magnetron thermal protector can shut down the unit. check them both for continuity.

Nov 21, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power - not the outlet or a fuse


If the internal fuse in the microwave is good, then it could be a bad wiring connection somewhere in the oven, or a thermal cutout has failed.

Jun 26, 2014 | Samsung SMH9187 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I turned on microwave. lost all power after a few seconds. outlet has power


First, check to make sure you have 120 V at the outlet it's plugged into. If you do, then the most likely cause would be that the main fuse has blown. It is inside the case, usually near where the power cord enters the cabinet. If it is blown, visually inspect it to make sure it hasn't been getting hot - melted solder near the ends is the usual tip-off. If it has been heating up, the fuse holder may have to be replaced as well as the fuse.

May 10, 2014 | Samsung SMH1816B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a problem with my whirlpool microwave oven, all of a sudden it shut off the kitchen electricity and tripped the circuit breaker of the kitchen, I unplug the oven and reset the circuit breaker, but...


Hi heshamyg, I want to help you with your problem, but I need more information from you.
Since I could not find the electrical specs for your particular model in the user's guide, please locate the information tag (plate or decal) and tell me what the wattage and amperage ratings are.
Page 5 of your user's manual recommends that your microwave should be used on a 15 or 20 amp circuit And that a "separate circuit servicing only this appliance be provided."
I don't know if this appliance is a new install to your kitchen appliance array, or if this unit has been around and in use for awhile without any problems.
Either way, the electrical circuit is being overloaded; short circuited; or because of a ground fault.

An overloaded circuit is one primary reason for a breaker to trip. It occurs when a circuit has more connected electrical load than it is supposed to have. When more current runs through the circuit than the circuit was intended to take, the circuit breaker is designed to "break the circuit." It does so to prevent overheating of the wire in the circuit, which can cause a fire.

  • The most probable reason the breaker tripped is that you simply have too much plugged into one outlet or multiple outlets connected to one circuit.
  • Move lamps, heaters, irons, hair dryers and other heavy power consuming devices to a different circuit not being heavily used; or
  • Turn off some of the devices on the circuit to reduce the load.
  • Loose connections are another possible but less common cause. With power off, check outlets for a loose wire and the electrical service panel hot wire connected to the circuit breaker to see if it has become loose. Re-tighten the connections if necessary.
  • If these suggestions do not solve the problem you may have a more serious problem such as a Short Circuit or Ground Fault
The Short Circuit is a more serious reason for a breaker to trip. A short is caused when the hot wire (black) touches another hot wire or touches a neutral wire (white). It can also be caused if there is a break in a wire in the circuit. Shorts are a bit more difficult to diagnose because they can be caused by the wiring in your home or in something you have plugged into an outlet.

  • Confirm that the power is off at the outlet into which your device is plugged.
  • Inspect your power cords for damage or a melted appearance.
  • Check your outlets and plugs for the smell of burning- or look to see if there is any visible brown or black discoloration.
  • Check the insulation on the wires to make sure that they are not cracked; and that bare (uninsulated) black and white wires aren't touching together.
  • If you do not find the problem, repeat the process for all the outlets in the circuit.
  • Check for a Ground Fault condition.
A Ground Fault Condition is defined as: An unintentional, electrically conducting connection between an ungrounded conductor of an electrical circuit and the normally non-current-carrying conductors, metallic enclosures, metallic raceways, metallic equipment or earth.
In simpler terms, a ground fault condition exists when the hot wire (black) touches the ground wire (bare copper) or the side of a metal outlet box (because the metal box is connected to the ground wire). The ground fault is a type of short circuit.

The fix is the same as a short circuit except check that the hot wire (black ) is not touching the side of the metal outlet box or the ground wire.

If the problem is internal to the microwave oven, have it serviced by a properly trained service technician since one could expose themselves to dangerous levels of microwave energy.

Please keep me posted. Thank-you.

Dec 02, 2013 | Whirlpool MH1140XMS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The oven has no power. The outlet is hot. The unit will power up intermittently, but as soon as you try to turn it on it loses all power.


This is a safety feature of the microwave. Unplug it and leave the door open for about 10 minutes and it should work again with no problems.
P.S. My kids overheat mine all the time making pop corn.

Mar 27, 2011 | Samsung SMH9187 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The cord become hot when it is in the outlet


If the cord is hot you are pulling too much current to power the microwave oven. Make sure the microwave is plugged directly into the wall and not an extension cord or outlet strip.

Aug 10, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

How can i convert our 220 volts wall outlet to 110 volts for a microwave oven.


Find the breaker for it (a double for 220) and substitue a single breaker (for 110). This will leave one wire unused from the breaker box to the outlet. You'll have to change the outlet of course to accommodate a normal 110 plug. You can also skip the breaker part and just change the outlet and cap off 1 of the hot wires. Just make sure to kill the power and be safe!

Mar 11, 2010 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The microwave does not react what so ever. Checked the fuse and its fine, what could be the problem? please help


Is there power at the outlet? You say you checked the fuse ... is that the one inside the machine? Is the outlet protected by a GFI (reset for a GFI is on the GFI)? A GFI looks like a ordinary outlet but is very sensitive to electrical irregularities. Your circuit breaker may be on or your power panel fuse may be fine and the fuse inside your oven may be fine. If the GFI is popped, you have no power.

Try some other electrical device in the outlet. Does it work? Try an extension cord from a known hot outlet?

Beyond these tips, you may need professional help with this.

Thanks for your interest in FixYa.com

Jan 22, 2010 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore microwave model 665.61629100


20amp fuse above the control panel.. but behind the vent grill..

Jan 16, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

33 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75817 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...