Connecting analong camcorder to computer
The only Analog camcorder that has a USB Connection for transferring pictures or video is the SC-L770. The SC-L770 can transfer video (live or recorded) and still photos through the USB connection. You can also transfer audio using the audio cable provided.
After installing the driver and software, you can begin transferring data using the software provided.
Connecting to a PC
1. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the PC.
2. Connect the other end of the USB cable into the proper terminal on the camcorder. (USB jack)
3. Connect the audio cable to the Line input jack of the PC. If the PC has no Line input jack, connect the audio cable to the MIC input jack. In this case, however, a noise may be produced depending on the PC.
* If you disconnect the USB cable from the PC or the camcorder while transferring, the data transmission will stop and the data may be damaged.
* If you connect the USB cable to a PC via a USB HUB or simultaneously connect the USB cable along with other USB devices, the camcorder may not work properly.
* In this case, remove the other USB devices from the PC and reconnect the camcorder.
Some other Analog Camcorders have a snapshot mode which allows you to take a still photo with your camcorder. However, you cannot transfer these to a computer unless you purchase additional hardware such as a capture card. Some capture cards have analog a/v inputs which will allow you to use the a/v outputs on the camcorder to connect to your pc and transfer images and video. You can purchase a capture card at most computer and electronics stores. Samsung does not support capture cards.
Sep 06, 2005 |
Samsung DouCam VP-D5000i Mini DV Digital...