I think that it was overloaded..... door popped open during wash.
I took some clothes out, but now it just hums and will not spin at all.
The door lock light stays lit but the wash lite goes on and off.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
send the model number.if it's humming it sounds like the motor is bad.where.if it resets after a while and hums again it's the motor.there's an overload in the motor,when it gets to hot it pops and will reset after it cools.
Either the control board or the motor has gone bad. Here is the diagnostic mode to run to look for the errors.
The diagnostic test is performed by using the Program
Knob. To START THE TEST:
• On non-digital display models, turn the
Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin.
• On digital display models, turn the Program
Knob to start position, Touch Up.
• Press Pause/Cancel to turn off LEDs.
• Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Option and
Pause Cancel buttons until LEDs start
sequentially chasing, then release buttons.
1. All the LEDs will sequentially light. Pressing a
button below a light cluster will light all the LEDs in
that cluster at one time to confirm functionality.
2. Turn the program knob (1) click clockwise from the
start position. The hot water solenoid will activate
and hot water should enter through the detergent
3. Turn the program knob (2) clicks from the start
position. The bleach water solenoid will activate and
cold water should enter through the bleach
4. Turn the program knob (3) clicks from the start
position. The bleach and the wash water solenoids
will activate and cold water should enter through the
5. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start
position. The door lock solenoid will activate.
6. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start
position. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and
the loading door can be opened.
7. Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start
position. The washer will fill and tumble.
8. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start
position. The washer will fill and spin (leakage test).
9. Turn the program knob (8) clicks from the start
position. The drain pump and door lock solenoid will
activate and the washer will operate in high spin.
SAFETY WARNING: If power is removed during this
test, the door can be opened. To prevent injury, DO
NOT put your hands inside when the tub is rotating.
10. Turn the program knob (9) clicks from the start
position. The control will signal the last error code.
Repost the error codes here.
Fixed mine!!!! I just took out the comforter and left the sheets in the washer, after i shut the door it started right up. I guess it was overloaded and that is how the machine reacts to an overload. Whew!! Saved a call to the plumber$$$$
Normal these mean unbalance load of clothes. Try to balance it with heavy clothes opposite each other. The fabric that hold more water tend to be heavier during the spin cycle. Also try not to overload the machine by washing clothes just half to 3 quarters full
If I understand correctly, the washer made a sound in the spin cycle but didn't actually spin the clothes dry?
If so you may have something in the pump that is not allowing it to pump out. Disassemble the pump and make sure it is clear of any debris.