Evenflo Jenny Lind Crib has been recalled.
When you call to get the kit to fix the problem (800) 356-2229 you could ask Evenflo directly!
Here are instructions without a manual...
1. Lay the headboard on the floor
in front of you with the bracket holes and model number facing you. Use 2 ¾-inch wood screws to attach the L-bracket and the latch bracket to headboard. The L-bracket has 3 holes and attaches to the holes on the lowest section of the headboard. The latch bracket only has 2 holes and goes directly beneath the metal bracket for the mattress that is already attached. It should face toward the center of the headboard. Once you're done, complete the same procedure on the right side of the headboard. Then do the same for the footboard.
2. Stand the headboard up so you can attach the rails to it. First, place the cross dowel (the small piece of wood with a hole in the side of it) into the hole on the underside of the top rung of the rail. Then put a second dowel in the top side of the bottom rung. Line the left rail up with the headboard at a 90-degree angle, placing it in the brackets you just installed, and insert a 2 13/16-inch machine screw into each of the 2 holes on the front side of the headboard (the side that will face outward). Tighten each screw with your screwdriver until it hits the cross dowel. Then turn the cross dowel clockwise to lock it in. Do the same for the right side and then for the footboard.
3. Slide the mattress platform (the bottom of the crib) into the stabilizer rails (easy to distinguish, since they are the same size as the sides of the platform), putting the longer ones on the sides and the shorter ones on the ends. It will slide in easily. Use 5 ¾-inch screws to attach the hanger brackets to the corners of the platform. The holes are predrilled and you can only put the bracket on one way to match them up, so there is little worry that you will attach it wrong.
4. Put the support brackets (the straight, flat ones) on top of the predrilled holes in the underside of the stabilizer rails. Screw them in with ¾-inch wood screws. Then place the hanger brackets in the slots that were preinstalled on the headboard and footboard. Choose the level that will suit you best. Evenflo recommends the top two for infants.
5. Snap a caster (the round disc) on the bottom of each foot of the crib. Check that all your screws are tight to keep your baby safe.