Question about Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
A friend gave me a WRT54G2 that has had a bad firmware flash. I can get an IP from the router and I can ping that IP but I can't figure out how to upload the firmware.
Are you able to get to the gui of the router?
If you are able to get inside the routers Gui then that would be a good sign.
Do the following:
1. Go to this site http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WRT54G2/download and select the version. I would suggest you to get the latest.
2. Save it to your desktop. Then extract the file.
3. launch into the router gui
4. Click on Administration then select Upgrade firmware
5. Click on the Browse button and then select desktop then chose the extracted file.
6. Click on the Upgrade button and just follow the on-screen instructions. Normally you just have to select Next.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
ADSL Modem Settings to Wrt54g2 Router
Basic Wireless Settings
Wrt54g2 wireless security
Wrt54g2 firewall settings
Aug 03, 2011 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Feb 27, 2011 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Dec 10, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Jun 22, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Jan 25, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Jan 03, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Aug 16, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 19, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Mar 25, 2009 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
278 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!