Question about NetGear CG814M Wireless Cable Modem Gateway Router
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.0.1
3. Login to the router with the Username as admin and password as password or 1234 (unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the routers' wireless network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2015 | Gear Head BT9400WHT White Bluetooth...
Mar 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 02, 2011 | D-Link dlinkgo Wireless N 150 Router...
Nov 28, 2010 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Apr 19, 2010 | HP 2101nw Wireless G Print Server...
Feb 12, 2010 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Aug 21, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jul 10, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 802.11g/b...
583 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: