Question about Hotpoint Aquarius WMA56 Front Load Washer
Where is the filter
If your Hotpoint washer is a similar design to mine, you'll not have a user-accessible pump filter, so - presuming you're happy doing it and the machine is unplugged from the electricity of course - I rectified by the following:
1. Switched the machine to 'pump-out' and got rid of as much water as possible.
2. Unplugged and disconnected the pump-out pipe from the house drainage and drained off as much additional water as possible into a bowl by gravity.
3. Removed the panel at the bottom of the back of the washer to expose the pump, the bottom of the drum and the main washer motor.
4. On the right-hand side, you'll see the pump with the grey (in my case) drain pipe and a wide black rubber pipe connected directly to the bottom of the drum by an adjustable metal clip
5. The wide black pipe attached to the drum contains a ball-filter and is probably the source of your problems - undo the clip (watching for water of course; though none was spilt when I did it) - and lower it slightly to reveal the filter and - hopefully - the odd sock or so!
6. Clear the filter of the obstructions (the plastic ball can be lifted out by the way to aid doing this)
7. Make sure the ball is back in place and connect the wide black pipe back up to the bottom of the drum - ensure the clip is secure
8. Replace the machines back panel
9. Connect the drain pipe back up to the house drainage
10. Do a test wash !
Hope that helps - in practice it took about 10 minutes all together and is pretty easy.
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2014 | Maytag MMV5208W Microwave Oven
Sep 08, 2008 | Roper RS22AQXKQ Side by Side Refrigerator
on Jun 20, 2017 | Intex Krystal Clear Model 635 Pool Filter...
Sep 26, 2011 | ViewSonic PJ551 Multimedia Projector
Filters situated in the interior liner
of the refrigerator compartment of Samsung-built side-by-side
refrigerators are relatively simple to replace. Follow these steps:
Note: Replacing this type of filter is quick - there is no need to unplug your refrigerator when replacing it. Also, this filter should be replaced every six months.
Aug 19, 2011 | Samsung RS2630WW Side by Side Refrigerator
Mar 17, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail...
Oct 08, 2010 | Chevrolet Chevy Cars & Trucks
Sep 17, 2010 | 1998 Buick Park Avenue
Dec 14, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: