- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have checked the Magnetron, it had a zero ohm reading, changed the fuze again, powered the unit which is a Sharp carousel convection microwave oven model R-9Z00, all lights came on tried the oven on cake setting the heater came on to warm the oven, but as soon as the the magnetron switched on, Boof the fuze blew again. Yeas I agree I will buy a new Microwave
Check the power fuser in back of unit. You'll need to take the screws out and open it up. If your not comfortable with this you may want to call a technician to come out.replacing that blown fuse will fix your problem. no need for you replace the whole oven.
The problem is likely to be a magnetron fault. The heater, as a magnetron is a thermionic tube, is not working either because the invertor is not powering it or the heater is open circuit. The voltages in and around magnetrons are LETHAL!!! If you understand about high voltages, disconnect the appliance from the power socket, check there is no residual voltage on the capacitor feeding the magnetron and diode if there is discharge it in a safe way. Disconnect the magnetron and measure the resistance between the contacts of the magbnetron. There should be a low resistance, say 1/2 to 1 Ohm. If there is a high resistance, the heaters are open circuit - change the magnetron. If the heaters read OK the invertor is faulty - change the invertor. I hope this helps and BE CAREFULL!
hello, this is a simple function that you should be able to carry out your self from the statement above this means that your oven maize have disconnect from the element position i.e the wire have been disconnected from the heater
what you need to do is that unscrew your microwave trace the wire to the heater you will surely fine were the wire is been disconnected from the heater then you have to huck up the wire back to the element (heater) the wire mention above will be in red and others can be in different color
please when doing make sure that all form of power supply is disconnect from the microwave to avoid accident
Well it does appear that you have an intermittent problem. I do not think that there is a loose ground problem, but there is a thermal switch attached to the case of the magnetron that resemble the thermal switches in wall gas heaters. Like the one in wall heaters they tell the heater when to shut off and on. If that switch begins to open or is trying to open it will make it seem like your microwave wants to shut down. Of course that is just one solution which I think is the best. By the way that thermal switch only has two wires that go to it and resembles an oversized watch battery when it is out. What could cause that also is if those two wires which are connected with plugin spade terminals have become loose due to the vibration of the magnetron over the years. To cover all your bases at once, with the power off, take the cover off and reseat all the spade connectors that you can see and get to. Anything in line with that switch or with the power coming in at all can cause the same thing. Let me know if there is any other question that you have.
I'm assuming that it doesn't microwave either. If it does...then the heater is bad. Sears parts sells them. Second guess is a blown fuse or thermosensor. Inside the pad housing, locate the internal fuse and replace it if blown. The thermosensor is a black plastic bit about the diameter of a dime and 3/8 inch thick and clamped to the side of the unit inside the control area. Test it for continuity and replace if open. If not either of these, then you have power supply issues or control panel problems. My bet: the heater blew out. Often, this is caused when you heat greasy foods.