Question about Microwave Ovens
This is commonly caused by a turntable motor that has worn out and needs replaced.
The motor can be replaced by following these steps:
1. Unplug microwave.
2. Open oven door and remove glass tray and carousel ring.
3. Locate and remove the screws holding the bottom panel (under the microwave) in place. With the screws removed, the bottom panel should open.
4. Disconnect the connector plug from the turntable motor.
5. Reach inside the oven and remove the coupler. This is the small plastic piece that the center of the glass tray sits on. You may have to gently pry up with a flat screwdriver to get it to come loose.
6. With the coupler removed, loosen the mounting screw(s) to the motor and it should easily come out from under the oven.
7. Install new motor in the reverse order of the steps I just provided.
This is a very simple repair. A replacement can be purchased at any of the following websites:
Prices vary so shop around for the best price. Most of these sites also have helpful exploded view diagrams you can use for reference.
If you have any questions, or require additional assistance, please post back with your complete model number so that I may be able to provide you with better assistance. I hope this help you.
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank for the information, I am a single female and hate being scammed by people. I greatly appreciate this!!"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 20, 2016 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Jun 24, 2012 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
May 13, 2012 | LG Microwave Ovens
Oct 01, 2011 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Oct 01, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 05, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Nov 15, 2009 | Sharp R-303CW Convection / Microwave Oven
Sep 09, 2009 | LG LRM2060 Stainless Steel 1200 Watts...
Mar 04, 2009 | Frigidaire FMT116E1B Microwave Oven
Feb 28, 2009 | Panasonic NN-H965 Microwave Oven
Oct 21, 2017 | In Microwave Ovens
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!