Question about Minn Kota Edge 40 Freshwater Bow Mount Trolling Motor
My guess is the motor has leaked water into the lower motor assy (behind the prop). and needs to be cleaned up and the brushes replaced.
here's a schematic:
You can try this to check for water leakage:-
1) disconnect from power supply
2) remove the prop
3) you will see 2 bolt heads behind where the prop was. Remove ONLY ONE of them for now.
4) if you see the bolt (it's about 8" long) is covered in what looks to be blask, oily/watery or rusty condition then you know that you'll need to overhaul it.
5) if it IS the motor assy, remove the other bolt and disassemble everything noting their location.
6) I would recommend replacing the brushes Part# 188-052 and the seal kit 2883460.
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2016 | Minn Kota Endura 30 Freshwater Transom...
Aug 17, 2012 | Minn Kota Riptide St Saltwater 80 Bow...
Jul 15, 2017 | Minn Kota Endura 30 Freshwater Transom...
Jun 10, 2010 | Minn Kota Maxxum 55 Freshwater Bow Mount...
May 15, 2010 | Minn Kota Endura 30 Freshwater Transom...
Jan 26, 2010 | Minn Kota 55 AutoPilot Universal Sonar...
Oct 29, 2009 | Minn Kota Maxxum 70 Freshwater Bow Mount...
Apr 04, 2009 | Minn Kota Maxxum 70 Freshwater Bow Mount...
810 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: