Question about NetGear PS121 Print Server
HI, Follow the steps below to reconfigure the print server:
1. Now connect the printer to the USB port of the printserver and then the ethernet cable from the router to the Printserver ethernet port.
2. Press the diagonistic tool button on the printserver for 10 sec (All the lights will blink amber), you will recieve a print page with Port name,Ip address of the printer and other details.
3. The ip address will be given from the router,If no ip address, powercycle the router, printserver and the printer. Press the diagonistic tool button again.
Step 2:- (For XP)
1. Go to control panel then go to printer and faxes.
2. Right click on the printer icon go to properties.
3. Click on the ports tab on the top.
4. Click on add port.
5. Select standard TCP/IP port and click on new port.
6. Press next.
7. Enter the IP address of the print server it will show you the port (IP_ip address).
8. Press next.
9. Select the second option custom and click on settings button.
10. Select the protocol as LPR; enter the queue name as q1.
11. Select LPR byte counting enable.
12. Click on ok and press next then click on finish.
Step 3:- (For Vista Computer):
1. Please confirm you are able to print by connecting the printer to the Vista computer directly.
2. Click Start - select Control Panel then switch it to Classic View from left side.
3. Double click on Printers & Click on 'Add a Printer'.
4. Select 'Add a local printer' & Click next.
5. Select 'Create a new port'.
6. Select 'Standard TCP/IP Port' as 'Type of port' then click 'Next'
7. Enter the IP Address of the Print Server in the 'Hostname or IP address' field.
8. Uncheck 'Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use' & Cilck next.
9. Select 'Custom' then Click on 'Settings' on the next dialogue box.
10. On the next dialogue box, select 'LPR' as the 'Protocol'.
11. Under the LPR Settings put in any name for the 'Queue Name'.
12. Check 'LPR Byte Counting Enabled' then click on OK and next.
13. Select the Manufacturer and the Model Number of the printer. If it is not available then click on 'Have Disk'. Click 'Next'.
14. Check 'Set as the default printer' and click next.
15. Try to print test page, it'll print.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2012 | Keyspan USB Server US-4A (d47710) Print...
May 08, 2012 | Zonet ZPS3611 Print Server
Sep 01, 2017 | Samsung CLX-3170FN All-In-One Laser...
Mar 13, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo RX620 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 28, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 15, 2009 | D-Link DP 300U (DP-300U) Print Server
Jul 17, 2008 | D-Link DP 300U (DP-300U) Print Server
May 06, 2008 | Port Incorporated Wireless 11Mbps...
Nov 11, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jun 19, 2018 | Dell Computers & Internet
287 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: