An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Flashing light "E" at installation.
Flashing "E" has something to do w/ the printhead. Printhead might not installed correctly.
You may try the steps below. 1.Remove the ink cartridges. 2.Reseat the printhead.
a. Lift the printhead release latch b. Reseat the printhead, pushing firmly on the white label on the printhead (if provided) or the center of the printhead, until it clicks into place.
NOTE: You may also visit www.kodak.com/go/printheadsupport for demonstration on reintalling the printhead
3. After the printhead has been reseated, re-insert the ink cartridges into the printhead, make sure that the cartridges snap into place. 4. Close the access door. 5. wait for the printer to initialize.
If issue persists, printhead or the printer itself needs to be replaced. Call 1.800.421.6699
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check if has no small piece of paper stuck
Check USB cables (both sides) .Remove heads, first Black then color.
Disconnect USB. Still continues flasshing?
If flashing comtinues, try to uninstall - reinstall the printer.
If still "flashing" without any apparent reason take it to repair.
Five flashes = No Print Head Installed. Install or re-install.
Eight flashes = Waste ink absorber* almost full. The printer has a built-in waste ink absorber to hold the ink consumed during Print
Head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that this absorber is nearly full.
Press the R R ESUME/CANCEL button to clear the error so printing can continue for a while.
A longer term RESET IS possible BUT without changing the blotters, you're exposed to ink eventually running out of the printer without warning but... if you still want to continue, here are the reset instructions. Good luck!
1) With the printer powered off, hold down the resume button and press the power button.
2) While holding down the power button, release the resume button and press the resume button twice in succession. Now release the power button. The indicator will blink in green and remain lit in green.
Now press the resume button 4 times and then the power button. You've just reset the waste ink counter. Good luck. Just hope it doesn't come back to bite you!
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
You must reset the cartridges chip. About " there is plenty of ink in the printer " you mean ink leakeage in to printer ? If yes, first thing is to clean the printer ( the ciss is not instaled corectly) and reinstall the ciss. The ink tank of ciss should stay at the same level with the printer.
Don't have a solution but can confirm this printer seems to be full of bugs. I have reinstalled software twice which gets the printer going for a very short time only. It does not recognise the Kodak ink cartridges..! Very frustrating.
* Re-seat the inks both color and black then try printing * Re-seat the Printhead of the printer then print again * if problem still persist call 1800 421 6699 and the technical rep will replace the printhead
Reload the paper correctly and press the RESUME/CANCEL button.
Three flashes: Paper jam
If paper has jammed in the printer, clear the jam, reload the paper in the printer correctly and press the RESUME/CANCEL button.
See Paper Jams
Four flashes: Empty ink tank
If you press the RESUME/CANCEL button, it will continue printing with an empty ink tank. After printing is finished, replace the ink tank immediately. If you continue printing with an empty ink tank, it may cause damage to your printer.
Refer to your Quick Start Guide for instructions on how to replace an ink tank.
Five flashes: No print head installed/Defective print head
Install the print head. Also, ensure that the protective tape has been removed.
If reinstalling the print head does not solve the problem, replace it with a new one. Contact the Customer Care Center.
Eight flashes: Waste ink tank almost full
The printer has a built-in waste ink tank for the ink used during print head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that the waste ink tank is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink tank becomes completely full, contact the Customer Care Center.
There are some possibilities due to the above phenomena. Let's discuss about it: 1) If the POWER light is flashing green, then your printer is now warming up or performing maintenance procedure (replacing cartridge/tank) or cleaning print head, just wait a few seconds till the light stop flash. Also if the last page of a print job not done, this POWER light flashing green. 2) If the CHARGE/ERROR light is flashing orange with beep 3times, it mean your cartridge need to be install (especially the 1st time turn on printer) or cartridge being replaced, just install the cartridge and press RESUME to continue. 3) If both POWER light is flashing green and CHARGE/ERROR light is flashing orange with beep 3times, then your printer may facing a very serious error and maybe need a replacement.