Question about Epson Perfection 4490 Film / Flatbed Scanner
I can't scan multible PDF images and put them into one document, even though the instruction manual says this is possible. Epson support has been no help.
Hi. Yours probably scans as soon as you have a document in and you double-click, right? I went through this. Double click on the Epson Icon. Make sure the mode preference at upper right is changed to professional. It may start scanning and you have to wait until it's finished to scan again. When you start in professional mode, it brings up a rectangular menu--you probably didn't see this one before (I didn't before changing to professional mode). Now press scan. This gives you a "file save" choice. Chose the location you want. Under the location choice is the Choose Document type option--this is the second key--save as PDF. Now it will bring up that add a page, edit or save file. Professional mode, save as PDF.
Posted on Apr 13, 2009
Please follow the steps below to scan and save a Multi-Page PDF with Epson Scan.
1. Launch Epson Scan from your START, (ALL) PROGRAMS, EPSON SCAN.
2. If prompted, select your scanner model. Epson Scan will now launch.
3. Click the drop down arrow next to SCAN, select FILE SAVE SETTINGS.
4. Select PDF for IMAGE format. Click OK.
5. Click SCAN. Click OK to proceed (if prompted).
6. Once the image has scanned you will be prompted to click ADD PAGE or DONE.
7. Click ADD PAGE to scan more documents.
8. Once you have scanned all your documents, click DONE.
9. Your documents will now appear in the EDITING PAGE window. Click OK.
10. The multi-page PDF is now created.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
I just wanted to ask...
are you using windows xp?
well, if you do...
pls try the ff.
The first thing we need to do is remove any files that have been installed and start with a fresh installation.
1) RIGHT-CLICK on the MY COMPUTER icon and click on PROPERTIES.
2) Select the HARDWARE tab, then the DEVICE MANAGER button.
3) Remove the Epson Scanner from under IMAGING DEVICE and/or UNKNOWN and/or OTHER DEVICES by RIGHT-CLICKING on it and clicking UNINSTALL.
4) Disconnect the USB cable and close all open windows.
5) Click on START, and CONTROL PANELS.
6) Double-click on ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. Highlight EPSON SCAN and click on CHANGE/REMOVE.
7) Restart your computer.
Please follow the steps below to download and install your scanner in XP:
1. Go to the website http://support.epson.com
2. Under the SCANNERS heading select PERFECTION SERIES and then your scanner model.
3. Under the Drivers & Downloads section select Windows. Download the most current version of the Scanner Driver for your Windows operating system to your DESKTOP.
1) Double Click on the Epson1****.exe file that you downloaded to your DESKTOP.
2) Click OK, Unzip, and then OK again.
3) The installer will copy the files to the system. Click on FINISH when prompted.
4) Connect the USB cable. Windows will tell you new hardware is found and complete the install.
5) If a message appears indicating THE SCANNER HAS NOT PASSED WINDOWS LOGO TESTING, click CONTINUE ANYWAY. Then click FINISH.
6) Your scanner is now ready to use.
and then try the steps provided by ohms
Posted on May 13, 2008
Thanks ohms but the problem is that your item 6 is not coming up. It is like it goes straight to done and does not ask the ADD PAGE.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2014 | Epson WorkForce WF-2530
The documentation is here: http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/cx38__/cx38__ug/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm
You can scan multiple pages of a document on the document table and save them as one PDF file on your computer. Epson Scan displays an editing page so you can view the pages as you scan them and reorder, rotate, or delete them as necessary.
Select PDF as the file type setting.
When prompted "scanning complete. Do you want to continue" Click "add page"
Feb 28, 2011 | Epson Stylus CX3810 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 13, 2010 | Epson Perfection 4490 Office Flatbed...
Jan 16, 2010 | Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner...
Oct 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Sep 16, 2009 | Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner...
Aug 22, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 30, 2009 | Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner...
Apr 28, 2009 | Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner...
Jan 11, 2009 | Epson Perfection 4490 Office Flatbed...
2,460 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: