Question about Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Single female that can't afford to pay someone to replace a belt! I'm very handy. Have an extensive collection of tools (like to work on cars). Don't want to mess anything up and cause myself more expense. Could someone please give simple instructions?!
I'm tipping my hat at your willingness. You can do it!
First, if you haven't done so already, get your make, model number and serial numbers to get the correct belt at an apliance parts store.
For the job:
1. Unplug the washer from the wall AC outlet.
2. Turn off your hot and cold water supply valves.
3. Remove the supply hoses (I prefer from the washer side and I use channel locks to grip the hose connectors). It might be a good idea to mark which hose connects where, before you disconnect. Then unhook the drain hose. There may be a little water spillage to clean up later.
4. If you have a dolly and available space, pull the washer out and locate it to a place where you can carefully lay it face down. You might place a small door rug to lower the face onto to protect the paint.
5. Now with the bottom exposed, you can probably determine any access requirements to the belt and the belt routing, easily enough. place the new belt on the tub and motor pulleys. You may need a pry bar or sufficient tool to pry back the tensioning pully while you load the belt onto the pully.
6. Stand it back up and reinstall... after you clean... ha.
Please note, this is a generic instruction as I am not 100% familiar with differences from one model to another. Generally, they are the same here.
I hope this helps... Good luck!
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2014 | Haier HLP140E Electric Portable Dryer
Mar 08, 2011 | Hyundai Santa Fe Cars & Trucks
Jan 06, 2011 | Garden
Oct 01, 2009 | Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
Oct 27, 2008 | Dryers
May 27, 2008 | Dryers
264 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: