Question about Refrigerators

Open Question

Good Morning-- I picked up a Rubbermaid (Vector) Portable Refrigerator VEC245RB at an Estate Sale. It works great, but the strap is missing and also the plastic door (for stowing the cord when not in use). I would like to know if anyone has an idea of where I could find replacement parts for this item. Thanks in advance for any answers. Best regards, Judi

Posted by on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 331 Answers

SOURCE: Whirlpool GD25 replacing water line

Nick, this is a bear of a job. You may just wanna have fun at parties after all is said and done! 1.) Remove the door from the unit. at the top hinge, remove all screws and disconnect all wiring. Tilt the door toward you and lift it off the bottom hinge. Lay it on the floor handle down. 2.) Remove the liner. Peel the door gasket back a little... see all those 1/4" screws? They have to come off. (*NOTE---> note how the door gasket fits/tucks into the liner, it'll have to go back that way) After the liner is off, you'll see the back side of the dispenser area. Make a note of how all of the insulation and the wiring is located, then remove all of it. There you go! Good luck with it. Speaking of parties, you could actually invite your friends over and make a "drinking game" out of this one... someone takes a drink every time they moan and say "how does this go, again?" or "#%@^!**". Then again, maybe not... 'cause once you start, you HAVE TO finish. Otherwise the freezer would be open and you and all your friends would most likely be passed out on the floor 'til mid-morning! Moral of the story? Don't drink and do this job.

Posted on Aug 23, 2007


SOURCE: no user manual

Posted on Feb 26, 2008

  • 706 Answers

SOURCE: Replacing the electrical cord on a Roper Refrigerator

I may be able to assist...If you haven't done so already..UNPLUG The cord. Now, depending on where the wire was severed, will impact the degree of difficulty in reinstalling it.
I suggest that you position the fridge so that you can access the place where the cord actually goes into the fridge.
I assume that the cord passes thru a cable feedthru of some kind in the back so you may want to follow that into the fridge.
If the cord was severed outside the fridge you could simply join the 3 wires together as an inline connection ( making sure to keep the supply line, neutral and ground wires bonded to their corresponding ones ... meaning ground wire to ground wire, neutral to neutral and supply line to supply line... line may sometimes be referred to as the 'hot' feed.
If the cord was svered off internal to the fridge, try these steps..
You will probably need to remove an access panel on the back to see where the power cable is routed within the fridge. Once located, you will need to find where that cord was severed when it was pulled out. There should be 3 wires coming into the fridge from the power cord. I assume it came with a standard three prong plug that is compatible with a wall socket. You will have to identify which wire is which on the cord. It helps if you have a continuity meter or ohm meter for this. First, identify which of the 3 wires is bonded to the round terminal of the plug ( that would be your ground wire) That wire should be secured to the fridge frame with a bare screw of some sort. You may be able to trace the cord inside the fridge back to that point or you may be able to reattach the severed wire together using wire nuts to keep the wires joined together and electrically insulated from surrounding surfaces. Remember that it is critical to maintain the same point to point wire configuration as it came with. As a general rule of thumb, a bare copper wire or green insulated wire is typically the ground wire. Depending on the cord type, black insulated wire is normally the supply or HOT feed, and white is typically the neutral line. You may have different color insulation on your wires ( especially if it is a molded cable assembly ) so make sure you verify which wire comes from which terminal on the plug. ( round terminal on plug is ground, the longer of the two ( if it is a polarized plug would be your neutral and the shorter terminal would be the supply line. If unsure, get professional assistance. Hope this helps...

Posted on Aug 06, 2008

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Where to buy Sanyo SR-366 parts? I need a freezer door.

I will probably have one, I'll look to see if it can easily be removed.

Posted on Mar 25, 2009

  • 3 Answers

SOURCE: I need to replace the ac adapter for my vector

Posted on Dec 13, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I found an old Sears camcorder at an estate sale for 88 y/o Dad, looks in excellent shape. We cannot see anything but white, light square in viewfinder.

the old time camcorders used a vacuum tube instead of a CCD device to pick up the video signal , these were inherently unreliable and didn't last but a year or two in use, if you got an old one, and want to mess with it , yes these pickup tubes are replaceable , but finding a good one will be a challenge (what a great treasure hunt item!!!) hows the tape deck part of it , you know if that still works one can use them to play old vhs or beta tapes with movies on them , those you can still find , I see them at yard sales all the time 4 sale . the only other part you need is a composite cable , and of course an analog tv with a composite input (or a backwards compatible digital one) an you have a great vintage tv rig !!! what a fun project to build !!!!

Feb 02, 2016 | Sears Video Cameras

1 Answer

Broke the 12v DC plug on our Rubbermaid/Vector Thermoelectric cooler. Can't find a specific replacement plug. Any specific specs I need to look for in a replacement?

A generic plug should work...just be sure to size the fuse correctly to protect the unit. Most thermoelectric units draw about 4 to 5 a 10 amp fuse usually works.

Dec 09, 2009 | Refrigerators

Not finding what you are looking for?
Refrigerators Logo

Related Topics:

66 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Refrigerators Experts

Charles T Nevin
Charles T Nevin

Level 3 Expert

4070 Answers

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4655 Answers


Level 3 Expert

79123 Answers

Are you a Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides