Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
After i right click the c or d icon of the hard disk, it states that the c: application cannot run in win32 mode
To correct and solve this error, follow this steps:
1. Run Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del or right click on Taskbar)
2. Stop wscript.exe process if available by highlighting the process name and clicking End Process.
3. Then terminate explorer.exe process.
4. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run…).
5. Type “cmd” (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
6. Type the following command one by one followed by hitting Enter key:
del c:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del d:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del e:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
c, d, e each represents drive letters on Windows system. If there are more drives or partitions available, continue to command by altering to other drive letter. Note that you must also clean the autorun files from USB flash drive or portable hard disk as the external drive may also be infected.
7. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run…).
8. Type “regedit” (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
9. Navigate to the following registry key:
10. Check if the value name and value data for the key is correct (the value data of userint.exe include the path which may be different than C drive, which is also valid, note also the comma which is also needed):
If the value is incorrent, modify it to the valid value data.
Posted on Jan 10, 2008
ThaaaaaanX jLsms, it's done.
At the same time i'd like to add a word of caution to that method . Please avoid /s in that code. Else all autorun.XXX files will be deleated. for me , autorun files in my "d drive" deleted. i quickly pressed Ctrl + C and stopped that command. ( i had a lot of software backups in my d drive )
also in command prompt (cmd), doskey command will help us to reduce some keystrokes .
i did,t find wscript in Taskmanager>Processes ( ie Ctrl + Alt + Del)
The method i followed is this
Once again a agreat ThaaaaaanX to jLsms and to ixya.com
PS - I've just recovered from a virus funny ust scandav.avi.exe . if anyone facing the same damn, pls ask me , its a simple process from dos ( but a hell from windows ). Cheers!!!
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
R U using windows explorer or a program? Have you checked the compatibility of the program? are U running vista or XP?
Posted on Dec 15, 2007
You have a known virus try downloading antivir from http://www.avira.com
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
I have also the same following problem (c: application cannot run in win32 mode). There is one more virus named "Funny UST scandal". Is there any free antivirus software which can remove this virus.
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
There is a program that can removed this virus. Just look for a noob killer program on the net. Just run the program and it will kill that virus instantlly
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
Good looking out it works !!!!!!!!!!! listen to Jslmsm he's the truth, got rid of that dam virus
1. close your explorer.exe through your task manager
2. run your cmd
3. type just as is!!!! del c:autorun.* /f /s /q /a
4. check your registry or run your regedit C:WINDOWSsystem32userinit.exe
5. Ur all set lol i love this
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
Solution for funny ust ...exe
download avg anti virus from filehippo.com and go for complete computer sacn. it will remove that virus.
next u might face another problem like application canot run in win 32 mode.
for that follow the step wat stared above
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
D:\ application can not run in Win32 mode
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2013 | Seagate Backup Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable...
Jul 22, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Dec 30, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Nov 14, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Sep 01, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jan 07, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
29,535 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: