The printer is printing blank pages.
STEP 1: Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer Power Supply
1. Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
2. Disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Wait 15 seconds.
4. Reconnect the power supply to the back of the printer.
5. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket.
STEP 2: Run a nozzle clean on the Dell A940 inkjet printer.
To run a nozzle clean, perform the following steps:
1. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Dell Printers, point to Dell AIO Printer A940, and then click Dell Printer Solution Center.
The Dell Printer Solution Center menu appears.
2. Click the Maintenance button.
The Maintenance window appears.
3. Click the Clean to fix horizontal streaks button.
4. Click the Print button.
The Nozzle Clean function prints a page.
5. Check the Nozzle Clean Printout to verify that it is free of defects and that all expected color bars exist on the page
STEP 3: Restore the printer settings to factory default
To restore the printer settings to factory default, perform the following steps:
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Printers and Other Hardware.
3. Click Printers and Faxes.
4. Right-click the Dell Printer icon, and then left-click Properties.
5. Click Printing Preferences.
6. Click to select Save Settings.
7. Under Restore, click Factory Settings (Defaults).
STEP 4: Clean the Contacts and Wick the Ink Cartridge
Wicking the cartridges and cleaning the contacts on the back of the cartridge should be performed if the nozzle clean was performed and the quality was not satisfactory.
Wicking the Cartridge
1. Ensure the printer is powered on.
2. Lift the scanner unit.
3. Open the cartridge latches and remove the cartridges from the carrier.
4. Take a clean, damp cloth and wipe the nozzle of the print cartridge from front to back
Note: Never wipe the cartridges from side to side, as this causes cross-contamination in color cartridges.
Cleaning the Contacts
1. Turn the cartridge so that you are looking at the contacts on the back side of the cartridge
2. Using a clean dry cloth, wipe the contacts so that no dust or other contaminants are visible.
Note: Do not use the same cloth that was used to clean the cartridge nozzles. This may cause more contamination on the cartridge.
3. Clean the contact inside the printer with the dry cloth used to clean the cartridge contacts.
4. Replace the cartridges in the carrier and close the scanner unit.
5. Print the document again.
6. If the print quality does not improve, repeat the steps for cleaning the nozzles and contacts up to two more times as needed.
Then run again STEP 2. If the printer still prints in blank pages, contact Dell Technical Support. They may need to replace the Ink Cartridges.
Jul 02, 2009 |
Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer