Question about Panasonic PT-AE100 Multimedia Projector
Hello folks! I bought my unit on 11/2006. After 1532 lamp hours on eco-mode, my unit would start shutting off after just 2-3 minutes. Same problems you guys are having. Based on the comments I've received from the TECH guy where I purchased the unit, it appears that these units have IRIS problems. Here's how you can tell if its an IRIS problem...according to the TECH guy:
1. Get the unit powered up as usual.
2. Wait until its projecting enough light to see a menu on the screen.
3. Using the remote control, PRESS the "POWER" button again to see the power off confirmation screen, then PRESS the ARROW keys in the following order: RIGHT, UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, then PRESS ENTER.
4. The EXT OPTION menu should then be displayed.
5. SELECT the "SELF CHECK" option using the arrow keys.
6. Look for the word "IRIS. If that word or any word on that line appears in "RED" color, then the IRIS is faulty and needs to be replaced.
I just called Panasonic's Service dept. and they gave me a CASE NUMBER and asked me to FAX my original INVOICE to them. She told me they are going to review my claim and see if they can provide assistance or whatever. Apparently...Panasonic knows of this problem according to the TECH guy at the place where I bought my unit in late 2006. Good luck! Steve 717-891-2062
Posted on Feb 19, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 07, 2010 | Panasonic PT-AX100U-EC DLP Projector
Nov 22, 2009 | Panasonic PT-AX100U-EC DLP Projector
Jan 04, 2009 | Panasonic PT-AX100U-EC DLP Projector
Dec 15, 2008 | Panasonic PT-AX100U-EC DLP Projector
Sep 01, 2008 | Panasonic PT-AX100U-EC DLP Projector
Apr 24, 2017 | Panasonic PT-AE100 Multimedia Projector
Jul 08, 2010 | Panasonic PT-AE100 Multimedia Projector
510 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!