No instruction manual for Conia LCDTV How do i scan for new channels now I have a new ariel?
As above? I'm not sure how to set up/scan for new tv channels now I have a new ariel, I don't currently have sbs, or 31 because my old (Pre 80's ) ariel did not support those channels. Other members of the household purchased tv but have mislaid any documentation that came with it. NO I didn't steal it, they bought when I was overseas. Please can you help or point me in the right direction.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello, with the set on, press the menu button, move the cursor down till the "Tuner" section is hi-lighted, click on it. Then the first selection is "Tuner Mode" click on it, the choose "Antenna" click on it. Then move to the "Auto Channel Scan" and click on it, and let it set all your channels. when done, just exit menu and change channels as desired. you can go to page 39 in your manual for these instructions: Tuner Mode Select Cable or Antenna depending upon which equipment you have attached to the DTV / TV Input. Auto Channel Search Automatically search for TV channels that are available in your area. Be sure to first select the correct tuner mode above. The TV will search for analog and digital channels. When the search is done, press EXIT to begin watching your programs. thanks, Terry
if you have a cable box just plug the cable box into a scart socket on the tv, switch the tv to the scart input and use the cable remote to change channel?Scanning for channels wont find anything because you are receiving the channels on a cable box. If you are refering to standard or digital tv signals and your not receiving any channels then either you are only scanning analogue tv and therefore wont pick up any digital tv channels, or your ariel is inadequate to receive an acceptable digital reception and will need to be upgraded. please state country you are in and what you are expecting to receive
The tuner in this tv is from the first generation of digital tuners. It cannot even handle channel numbers above 99. The technology doesn't support the latest transmission standard, despite Sony describing it as future proof when it was launched. Having said all that the picture and sound for a standard definition tv are far better than almost any plasma or lcd on the market today. Everyone has been seduced by large screens.Your best bet is to buy a digital tuner, set its output to component and connect it up to the RGB input on the tv. (Scart 1, I think) Enjoy
Please follow these instructions to manually/automatically update the digital (DTV) channels on the Samsung LE26R73BD.
Please use the following buttons on your Samsung remote control to navigate the on-screen menus:
- "D.MENU" - Opens/closes the on-screen menu (below the numerical key "0") - DIRECTIONAL ARROW KEYS - To navigate up/down/left right through the on-screen menus - "ENTER/OK" - Selects/confirms a selected option (in the centre of the arrows)
Automatic Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Auto Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Start Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 21 . . ." 10. Highlight "End Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 69 . . ." 11. Highlight "Start Frequency" again and then press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan.
Some of the options above will already be selected so will not need to be changed. I've provided the correct settings just in case they are incorrectly set. Note: UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive.
The scan will take a few minutes to complete and the progress will be displayed. When the channel scan is complete, the menu should close automatically and the TV will return to viewing mode. If not, press either the "D.MENU" or "EXIT" button to return to watching TV.
Manual Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Manual Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Channel Number" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to choose which channel number you wish to scan . . .
UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive. In manual tuning mode, these need to be scanned one at a time. Please note, many of these channels are "empty". UK Freeview only uses 5 of these channels (called Multiplexes or MUX) or 6 if you have HD. I am unable to tell you which 5 channels these are as they vary according to whichever transmitter or repeater station your aerial is aligned to.
10. Press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan. 11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each additonal channel you wish to scan.
Please note: Manual scanning can cause some unexpected results - particularly if your aerial has a reception from more than one transmitter/repeater. For this reason it is better to use the automatical scan unless you have a specific reason for needing to scan manually.
Hopefully this will be all you need to update the digital channels on your TV. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let me know.
You answered the question in your question.
''weak signal' means exactly that, however it can also mean the signal is too strong.
If you have a booster installed into the ariel remove it, if not, try one. Make sure the TV is directly connected to the ariel, not via a DVD recorder or any other devices which require an ariel input.
Sony tv's have very sensitive tuners installed so its just a case of making your aprticualr settings compatible.
Check your TV settings and make sure your tuning is set for cable (may say "cable" or "CATV"). Right now you'll probably find it set for "air". If the TV is set to tune off-the-air, cable channels 2 through 13 work normally, but above that they aren't detected. Once you set the tuning mode to cable, rescan channels and you should have them all.
hi there alot of the updates for the system should automaticly download via ariel to the tv to keep you up to date some times if the strenght of the signal isnt srong enough then you might not get the update they send out , one thing i have found is that if you use an ariel booster then this makes the signal stronger this helps particularly if you have more than one tv set up with the same ariel, you could try unpluging all ariels to other tvs making sure the ariel lead you are using has no conections in it as this also gives you loss of signal if there are multiple conections in the lead runing from the ariel to your tv set hope this helps some