Question about HP DeskJet 5650 InkJet Printer
I am trying to print postcards (avery matte white 51/2 by 41/4"- heavyweight- 4 cards per sheet) and every time the printer jams and will not print or it sends through a paper with nothing on it. The jams occur 4/5 times. I have tried different printer settings, but nothing seems to work. It has worked previously on a card from a different company.
I think the card is too heavy or too thick for the machine as when it prints it has to turn the paper. If the card is too rigid it is unable to bend causing a paper jam. Suggestion is to try a less grade of card.
Posted on Jan 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
As the following paper may cause problems in the printer, do not use them:
- Thick paper: Paper heavier than 105 gm2 (28 lb) (corrugated paper, etc.)
- Thin paper: Paper lighter than 64 gm2 (17 lb) (tracing paper, thin letter paper, etc.)
- Paper with no rigidity
- Folded, wrinkled, or torn paper
- Wet or soiled paper
- Paper smaller than 54 mm (W) x 86 mm (H) (2.13" x 3.39") (sheet feeder)
- Paper smaller than 89 mm (W) x 127 mm (H) (3.50" x 5.00") (cassette)
- Non-rectangular paper
- Paper with adhesives
- Paper with holes (However, loose leaf can be used in the sheet feeder only.)
- Paper in bound form (such as a notebook)
- Photo postcards or postcard with image seals
- Non-empty envelopes
- Envelopes with double flaps or flaps with adhesive
- Embossed or coated paper, post cards, and envelopes
- Newspaper, flyers, tissue paper, etc.
- Media other than paper, such as cloth and plastic
- Folded reply post cards
Oct 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 01, 2009 | Epson STYLUS R350 Photo Printer
Nov 03, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jul 16, 2008 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 11, 2008 | HP Photosmart 7450 InkJet Printer
Feb 22, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 7300DN Laser Printer
Jan 01, 2008 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Dec 18, 2007 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!