When i turn on my monitor, it will work for about 20 min then turn off. If i press the power button when it happens, it wont come back on.
After about 10 min or so, i can turn it back on and will work for about 10 min then shut off again? any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Verify the monitor's power cord is plugged firmly into the wall outlet and the back of the monitor.
2. Verify the monitor cable is firmly connected to the computer and the monitor.
3. Verify that you have turned the monitor power switch on.
4. If the power light on the monitor is not on, test the wall outlet (plug in a light or something you know works).
5. If the power light on the monitor is not on, try a different power cord.
6. If the power light is on and yellow or flashing, but nothing displays, or the display is incorrect, borrow a monitor from a friend. If that works, your monitor probably needs replaced.
7. Also, you could try your display on a friend's computer. If it doesn't work, your monitor probably needs replaced. If it works properly on your friends computer, the problem may be with your computers video output port, motherboard video chip (or video card, if you have one), or drivers.
OSD Lockout or On Screen Display Lockout message is that irritating on-screen message that sometimes pops up when you switch on your monitor. This completely locks all monitor settings.
This problem has most likely happened to everybody at some stage or another. Everything has worked fine until now you turn on your monitor and have a message glaring you in the face displaying something about "OSD Lockout". This doesn't allow you to change any of your monitors settings, including the setting intended to turn off this message. While this problem mainly happens on HP monitors from my looking around I know that others have encountered it on other brands as well. The fixes I provide below should work on those monitors too so don't fear if your monitor isn't an HP model.
The HP Fixes
FIX 1 Plug in the monitor and power it up. Hold down the monitor's Power button until you get a message saying "OSD Unlocked". If the problem persists after OSD is unlocked then unplug the monitor from the wall, wait a few seconds (just to be sure I'd give it anything around 20-30 seconds) and then try again.
FIX 2 Instead of holding down the Power button, turn on the monitor and hold down the Menu button for 10-20 seconds. This should unlock the OSD.
FIX 3 Turn off the monitor, press down the Menu button and then turn on the monitor. Wait 10-20 seconds. This should unlock the OSD.
FIX 4 The Menu button may be stuck in a pressed in position. To get it "unstuck" you'll usually need to open up the monitor. If your not a seasoned veteran at opening up electronics (and knowing where all the screws go back into) then this could be tricky unless you know what you're doing. Unfortunately there are too many models of monitors for me to give a step by step instruction guide for you. If you have warranty this is where you should use it, I suggest you contact the manufacturer.
The AOC Fixes
FIX 1 Turn off the monitor, hold menu and power button together for 10 seconds then turn back on.
Currently these are the most commeon fixes.
mnk1001, Possible Failure of internal "switch-mode-power-supply"/ "CCFL inverter supply" of E2200HD. Will need to investigate to see if SMPS is in emergency shutdown mode. Please post back if you find out root cause of failure. 12fixlouie
Well try to go in menu after 20 min (warming up) after powering ur monitor & try to adjust or U may need to press a button on ur monitor to disable the message...
for e.g viewsonic screen is button num 2