Question about Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2014 | Dell OPTIPLEX 745 PC Desktop
on Apr 22, 2011 | PC Desktops
on Dec 24, 2010 | PC Desktops
This issue might occur permissions are not set properly for the C Drive.
Make sure that you are logged in as Administrator.
To take ownership of C Drive, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the C Drive and then click Properties.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
4. In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group.
5. Click on Edit and then put a check mark against "Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object".
6. Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
This will replace explicitly defined permissions on all descendants of this object with inheritable permissions from C-Drive (C:).
Do you wish to continue?
7. Once the permissions are replaced, click on Ok.
8. Check if you are able to copy, paste or delete any documents now.
If the above steps fail then you may also want to disable UAC and check if that helps.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the start search box, and then press Enter.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. Click the Tools tab.
3. Click Disable UAC and then click Launch.
4. A command window appears, and shortly thereafter, a notification bubble appears informing you that UAC is disabled.
5. Click Ok and restart your computer to apply the change.
Please let me know if it helps.
Oct 02, 2010 | PC Desktops
Jul 08, 2010 | Dell Dimension 9100 PC Desktop
Jun 20, 2009 | Gateway 310 Series (158920) PC Desktop
Apr 14, 2009 | PC Desktops
Oct 30, 2008 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Oct 05, 2008 | Packard Bell PC Desktops
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!