I will set the time and date, but later when my answering machine states time and date it is never correct. When I check the time and date again, something is always off....the year is wrong, the time is wrong, etc.
I'm almost positive there's nothing wrong with your phone "ssandra". You set the day/time/year etc. on the base (answering machine) separately from the handset . . . you press a series of buttons. I've done it several times, but now after a move I can't remember how you do it, and I can't find the instructions I had. That's actually why I was on this forum (looking for the instructions). Since you posted your question last year, this probably can't help you now. But I thought I'd answer anyway . . .
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: time and date
Many times their is a setting to read the date and time off your caller id. Do you have caller id? If not, it sounds as if you have a bad unit. You can try to go into the menu and reset it back to factory settings, but that is about as far as you can go short of sending it to repair.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Press menu once and answering machine announces "Time" and current time. The answering machine displays (1) through (7) indicating the day of week.
2. Press skip/ff or repeat/rew to until correct day is announced.
3.Press set/ringer to select the day.
4 press skip/ff or repeat/rew until correct hour from 1 to 12 is heard.
5. Press set/ringer to select the minute/
6. press skip/ff or repeat/rew until correct minute from is announced.
7. Press to set/ringer to select the minute.
8. Press skip/ff or repeat/rew for A.M. or P.M.
9. Press set/ringer to store your am or pm selection.
Thats all it takes so you shouldn't have any more problems like that, but if you do I will be glad to help.
Hi there, I found my manual that states:
Press MENU/SELECT to display menu when in idle mode.
Press the up or down triangles to reach DATE/TIME. Press MENU/SELECT.
Use the keypad to set the year. Press MENU/SELECT.
Use the keypad to set the date. Press MENU/SELECT,
Use the keypad to set the time. Press the up or down triangles to select a.m. or p.m. Press MENU/SELECT
The screen displays STORED and you'll hear a confirmation beep.
It should be in 'settings' on your cell phone menu. Search around your phone. It could also be in 'organizer'. On my old one, it was in 'organizer', and once I went there, there was a 'set date and time' button.
Here is the answer from the Vtech website:
"Make sure the answering system is on. Press [Time/Set]. The system will announce the current clock setting, then announce "to set date and time, Press Time/Set". Press [Time/Set]. Press [Change] until the system announces the correct day, then press [Time/Set]. Press [Change] until the system announces the correct hour, then press [Time/Set]. Press [Change] until lthe system announces the correct minutes, then press [Time/set]. The system announces the current clock setting. Note: You can press and hold [Change] to advance the mninutes in increments of ten. "
On the handset that is on the base is the one you need to use to set the time and date. It will also clear out the CL on answering machine.
On the handset without pushing talk hit the flash key. A message will appear on your phone and it says Answering machine. You can listen to all the options but to set time and date ---push the 8 button. Set your time by using the phone keys such as it's 09:53 then look up in the right corner and use the + arrow key to set AM or PM. Then hit the # key. Then in the upper right corner it will say Mon---use the + arrow key to set the day. Then hit the # key. The message on your phone will say the day is and then the time is. Then hit flash. Then you can check your answering machine and see if that worked. This took me some time. I would not buy another phone like this again.
I found it on the manual, it was in programming section!
NOTE: Time set on handset will be transferred to the base unit automatically.
1. Make sure your phone is OFF (not in talk mode).
2. Press the menu button to go to the main menu and use cid/vol (3or4) button to scroll to Date/Time.
3. Press menu button to enter the menu. Year 2006 shows in the display.
4. Use the touch-tone pad to enter the last two digits of the current year (range: 00 to 99).
5. Press menu button to save the year setting and proceed to date setting.
6. Date 01/01 shows in the display. Use the touch-tone pad to enter two digits for current month and day respectively.
7. Press menu button to save the month/date setting and proceed to time setting.
8. Time 12:01p shows in the display. Use the touch-tone pad to enter four digits for current time and use cid/vol (3or4) button to toggle between "p" (pm) and "a" (am).
9. Press menu button to save the setting. Saved shows in the display.
NOTE: If you subscribe to Caller ID service, the current date/time is set automatically when you receive your first CID record and will override manually set date/time.
This is due to the base unit losing power and needs the clock resetting.
The handsets retain their clocks under battery power so this is a little misleading.
To reset the base unit clock:
- press the OK key
- press the 'down' arrow twice until "DATE/TIME" is displayed.
- press the OK key again, this will display the year. Enter the correct
year on the handset numeric keypad and then press OK. (Only the last
two digits of the year need to be entered).
- The date is then displayed in MM/YY format, enter the correct date on the handset numeric keypad and then press OK.
- The time is then displayed, enter rhe correct time on the handset numeric keypad and press OK.
- The handset then beeps and displays "SAVED".
- Press the "C" button and replace the handset on the base unit.
Set the correct date and time by pressing "time/set." Then, follow the voice prompts.
Press "time/set" again. Use "change" button to advance day. Press "time/set" again to adjust hour. Use "change" button to advance hour. Press "Time/set" again to adjust minutes. Press "change" button to advance the minutes. Press "time/set" when finished.