Will not record to card. samsung 353 will record for 1sec then stop or freeze.
I formated the card. the pics work fine. but not the video. "read error!"
should I get a new card--this one seems ok because of the pics work.
anyway it is a piggyback card. that is it has an adapeter.
Could it be something else?? is this common??? should I return it????
1. You posted a question about a Samsung camcorder in the Sony PSP section.
2. You say you're using a piggy-back card. That is likely the problem. It is fast enough to write picture / photo information to the card, but not fast enough to write video to the card. I suggest getting a proper (non-piggy-backed / non-adapter) card to work with the camcorder.
3. If you bought it recently then definitely return it to the store where you bought it. If possible open the new one at the store before you take it home to verify it's working before you leave the store.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
make sure your sd card is in right,then if it doesnt work,put the card into your comp,download the pics,then format the card,then put it in your camera,if it works,move all your pics to it and put the card in the comp and d/l the rest of pics,now,format the card and put new batteries in camera and it should be fine
In order to record, the camera needs to have a memory card installed. This particular camera needs an SD format card. If the camera does not have a card installed, the card is not properly formatted, or the card is full, you will not be able to record. Also, these cards have a write protect lock tab. Make sure that the tab is not in the lock position. The card should be formatted FAT32. If you can read the card on your computer, make sure it is not full and that the card is formatted FAT32. If you have another camcorder or camera that uses SD cards, you might want to try formatting the card, just to be sure.
Your internal memory is corrupted. Formatting your internal memory should solve this problem. Remove your memory card. Click on "my computer," click on "removable disk," click on "format." After formatting, reinsert the memory card and your camera should work fine.
this is what i did, and it worked perfectly. go out and get a sd card * any gig u want* as soon as u put the sd card into the camera, FORMAT IT!!!!. do that before u do anything else. don't format it on ur pc or laptop. format it on the camera. if u do that it will work perfectly. i don't know why it wasn't in the manual to format sd card first. but if u try to take pics first, that will mess up the entire system and u will be assed out a sd card. it took me 3 sd cards to figure this out. the cards worked fine but not in the camera. then i formatted it on the camera first and it works fine. the other sd cards i use for other things, i won't discard them but they won't work in the cam. but remember again GET NEW SD CARD AND FORMAT THE CARD IN THE CAMERA FIRST.
do you get any kind of error code?what type of memory stick are you using?how big is the ms capacity?may need to try using a diff ms or try using ms with diff devices.if diff ms works fine.may need to format ms using computer first (using card reader if available) and camcorder last.may need to reset camcorder (make sure cam is on when you press the reset button.hope this works.thanks :)
You can record video with audio onto the Memory Card. Follow the instructions below.
Recording moving pictures onto a MEMORY CARD
1. Insert a Memory Card into the slot on the camcorder.
2. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
3. Set the power switch to CAMERA mode.
4. Press the START/STOP button, the images are recorded on the MEMORY CARD in MPEG4.
* You can record 10 ~ 20 seconds continuously.
* You can record a still image on the Memory Card by pressing the Photo button instead of the START/STOP button.
5. Press the START/STOP button to stop the recording.
* Moving images that you recorded are saved in *.asf file format on the Memory Card.
* The moving picture images on a Memory Card are smaller size and lower definition than those on a Tape.
* The sound is recorded in mono.
* The following functions cannot be operated in M.REC Mode. - DIS (Digital Image Stabilizer), Digital Zoom, Fade, Program AE, Digital Special Effect, Slow Shutter.
* Don't insert or eject a tape during Memory card recording as it may record noise.
* Don't eject the Memory Card during recording as it may break the data on the Memory Card or the Memory Card itself.