I am going crazy...
Removing the software and reinstalling it using a "clean boot" may resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software.
1. Unplug the camera from the computer. Later you will be prompted by the software to plug in the camera; do so at that time only.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel.
3. Open the Add / Remove Programs window.
4. Locate the listing for the software and remove it. When prompted to remove the camera drivers files, click Yes.
Now download the latest version of the software for your OS from the manufacturer's website.
The following is the procedure for a 'clean boot'. I am assuming that you have XP. If you have a different OS, just let me know and I will send you the appropriate procedure to boot clean in that OS.
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
After restarting, reinstall the downloaded software. Next , do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hope that helps...Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here.
P.S. Before you assign a rating, please make sure that the issue is resolved or you are satisfied. If not, please post back as to what you did, and/or any other questions you may have, and I will try to assist you as best I can. Please do not assign an ‘Inappropriate’ or ‘Thanks for trying’ rating if your issue is not resolved after the first response itself, as sometimes a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary before we can find a fix or an answer to your query.
If you find that the solution/answer I provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa! rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
May 01, 2008 |
Lexmark Z611 InkJet Photo Printer