Question about Samsung SCX-6320F All-In-One Laser Printer
I have had a Samsung SCX-6320f printer for about a year, and it has printed consistently without a problem until this week. I have tried every software fix with no success, and also swapped out USP cables. As a last ditch effort I just installed the Samsung printer on another computer to see if I could get it to print. The computer recognized the printer as new hardware when I plugged in the USB cable, and then successfully installed the driver from the CD. But when I try to print (from any program, including Notepad), I simply get a timeout error message saying printing failed. The Samsung will copy, fax, fax forward to e-mail, etc., but will not print. Just for grins, I used this same computer and just went through the install process on a nearby HP printer, and it installed properly, and then it actually printed.
Any suggestions on what might be going on with the Samsung?
When you plug it into the computer that it will not print to, Does it tell you there is a new USB device found?
2. I am sure you have tried different USB ports on the computer.
3. Right click your printer to access the properties on the driver and select Ports and see if that somehow was changed.
4. Just delete the printer from the "printers" page in control panel.
Then click add printer and search for it.
5. Make sure the computer does not have a firewall that is blocking the printer.
6. Make sure there is no job error in the print queue.
7. Be sure the printer is selected as the "Default" printer. If there is another printer loaded on the computer, is the wrong one selected?
8 Make sure Print Pause is not selected.
I do suspect once you open the properties on the driver page you will find the problem. Unless of course your USB port or ports on the computer have failed.
Posted on Dec 14, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2011 | Samsung SCX-6320F All-In-One Laser Printer
Dec 28, 2009 | Samsung SCX-6320F All-In-One Laser Printer
Apr 17, 2009 | Samsung SCX-6320F All-In-One Laser Printer
Feb 05, 2009 | Samsung SCX-6320F All-In-One Laser Printer
Aug 04, 2008 | Samsung SCX-6320F All-In-One Laser Printer
Jan 02, 2008 | Samsung SCX-6320F All-In-One Laser Printer
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: