My m250 won't turn on
Seems like your M250 is experiencing some system errors that prevents it from either powering up or booting up completely.
To resolve the temporary power loss (not powering up even after changing batteries), try this:
1. Remove the battery
2. Press and hold the "Menu" button for 30 seconds. This is to completely discharge the player
3. Insert a brand new battery and try to power it on
If this procedure still does not revive the player, try this to format the player and upgrade its firmware:
1. Enable the "Hold" switch on the side of the M250. You would know the "Hold" switch is enabled when the "orange-colored" surface is showing
2. Plug the player in to the PC. (The minimum operating system requirement for the M250 is Windows XP and above). The M250 should be recognized as a "Removable Disk" when browsed in Windows Explorer
3. Right-click on that drive letter corresponding to the M250 and select "Format".
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to format the player
5. Unplug the M250 from your computer, then disable the "Hold" switch. Then try powering it on.
6. To upgrade the firmware of your M250, again enable the "Hold" switch and plug it in to your PC.
7. If you have internet access, then use this link to download the "Firmware Updater" from the Sandisk website:
Save this to your desktop and double-click on it to run the updater program. Follow the on-screen prompts.
I hope this helps. The M250 is a great player.
Apr 06, 2007 |
SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player