Question about Olympus P-440 Thermal Photo Printer
I have a white streak across the paper when I print. Cleaning the thermal head has not helped. Olympus says then won't sell me a new head, and I need to send the printer to Long Island to have it fixed. Does anyone know where I might get a new one, or what the part number is??
The first thing that you need to do is to verify if your Olympus P-440 is if it's supported by Mac OSX 10.6.x (Snow Leopard). If yes, make sure that you've installed the correct driver for Snow Leopard.
You may check the link below:
This link contains a driver for Mac OSX. I assume that this driver will work with all OSX (starting from Tiger to Snow Leopard). If this driver will not help, you may need to contact the manufacturer, and verify the system requirements of your printer.
Thank you and good luck!
Posted on Jul 22, 2010
SOURCE: I keep getting a couple
A problem with the ink cartridge.
Sometimes, after some refills with the cartridge and those resets procedures for the printer to stop detecting the ink volume... the cartridge really will be on its last leg.
If after flushing the ink cartridge in a tap water and soaking it in a mixture of ammonia and water will not clear the print head of the cartridge to let the ink out proportionally..... the very last option is to replace the cartridge with new one.
I hope that helps.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP3500 Printer
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 13, 2010 | HP PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 20, 2010 | Zebra 110Xi III Plus Thermal Printer
Oct 21, 2009 | Sony UP DR100 Thermal Photo Printer
Aug 27, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Dec 13, 2008 | Zebra 110Xi III Plus Thermal Printer
Nov 08, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 25, 2007 | Epson Stylus Color 440 InkJet Printer
Feb 22, 2011 | Olympus P-440 Thermal Photo Printer
105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!