OK, this is crazy. We have winfax pro on our Windows XP computer and have used is happily for years. We also have a fax machine. Previously, the computer modem was on one phone line and the fax machine was on another. Now they are both on the same line. No problem, except that everytime I fax from my computer to anyone else, it does not get there, but instead prints out on our fax machine (and not even well...it usually aborts halfway through). Any ideas at all?? I'm stumped, and I have double-checked every setting.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: winfax pro suddenly faxing to wrong number
You have some options, so choose one.
remove your fax
configure your fax to answer later (maybe after ringing 10 times) and configure the winfax to answer before (something like ringing 5 times or less)
the problem here is that the fax answer and start receiving the fax and the winfax receive the fax signal at same time. check the winfax maybe you have the half part that the fax modem not has printed stored in winfax, maybe.
as I said, your better choice is removing the fax modem. even configuring like I said before, maybe the two continue to try to receive the fax at same time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This problem is caused by the new security features that are added by SP2and above(for winXP). To prevent the error message and enable Fax Sharing, either update WinFax to version 10.04, or manually reconfigure the Windows XP security settings to permit Fax Sharing to work.
To create the message store folder:
1. Close WinFax and the WinFax Controller.
2. If you are running Windows NT, 2000, or XP, stop the WinFax service. If you don't know how to do this, read the document How to start or stop a service in Windows.
3. Using Windows Explorer, locate and then double-click the Symantec WinFax Pro folder.
4. Click File.
5. Point to New, and then click Folder.
6. Give the new folder a name (My Faxes, for example) and press Enter.
7. Close Windows Explorer.