Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Microwave won't heat up and is making a humming sound. There is a burning smell when i turn it on.
I had the same problem. I replaced the wave guide/cover and everything was fine. It is a piece of cardboard inside the microwave that covers the magnetron. Mine was saturated with grease, and was damaged by the fire. If yours is still intact and not that greasy, You can carefully remove it. Clean both it and the area inside the cavity with an alcohol based cleaner. If there is so much as a pin hole in the cover it will need to be replace. When grease somehow gets behind the cover an arc is formed which causes the problem.
Posted on Dec 13, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2011 | Whirlpool MH8150XJ Microwave Oven
Dec 31, 2010 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
Dec 31, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Dec 10, 2009 | Sharp R-530ES Microwave Oven
Dec 21, 2017 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Aug 17, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
254 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: