Question about Epson Stylus CX6000 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Will only print in blue since i have changed the black ink
1) Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing. Ensure there are no error lights or messages appearing in the LCD.
NOTE: You cannot clean the print head if the any of the cartridges are expended. Replace the appropriate ink cartridge before proceeding.
2) Load letter size paper.
3) Click on START.
For Windows 95/98/ME: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PROPERTIES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows 2000: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows XP: Click CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES. RIGHT-CLICK your EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. If this icon is not showing, select VIEW INSTALLED PRINTERS. Then RIGHT-CLICK the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows Vista: Click CONTROL PANEL,HARDWARE AND SOUND then PRINTERS. Note: these steps may vary depending on how Vista is setup. RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
4) Click on the UTILITY or MAINTENANCE tab, then click on HEAD CLEANING.
5) Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the printhead. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds, during which time the printer makes some noise and the power light flashes. Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
6) When the power light stops flashing click PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN and then click NEXT.
7) If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click FINISH. If the pattern has any gaps, click CLEAN to clean the printhead again.
8) If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles and nozzle checks, replace one of the affected ink cartridge(s).
9) Once the cartridge(s) has been replaced, please follow steps one through seven up to three times.
Posted on Jan 04, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 23, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 29, 2010 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP5000 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 17, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Aug 09, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 11, 2007 | Brother Multi-Function Center® MFC-215C...
491 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!