Question about Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
I have replaced the black and color cartridge in my MX310 3 times and it is still reading the same error message U053, I am wondering if the print head is messed up or its not on the track properly, also it is no longer under warrenty, GEEK SQUAD was of no help...
Error messages displayed on the LCD and how to handle them
When an error has occurred in the printer, the error / check message is displayed on the LCD.
Take the appropriate action to return to the normal condition.
Error / Check message How to correct CHECK INK
U041 An ink cartridge is empty.
To cancel printing, press the Stop/Reset button.
To continue printing, press the OK button.
After the printing finishes, replace the empty ink cartridge.
Printing with an empty ink cartridge may cause printer malfunction. U051 / U052
U053 / U059 The ink cartridge may not be set properly, or an ink cartridge not supported by the printer is installed.
Install the proper ink cartridge.
Make sure to install both the ink cartridges even when you set the printer to use only one ink cartridge (Color or Photo) in printing.
If one of the ink cartridges is missing, this error will occur. U075 / U076 The ink cartridges are not installed in the proper position.
Install each ink cartridge in the proper position. U140 An ink cartridge not supported by the printer is installed.
Install the proper ink cartridge. U161 / U162 A used ink cartridge may be installed, or the ink cartridge may be empty.
Replace the ink cartridge.
By pressing the OK button, printing can be done without replacing the ink cartridge. However, the remaining ink amount cannot be detected properly, so the function to detect the remaining ink amount does not operate. READ/WRITE MODE Since the memory card is currently write-enabled, printing is not possible.
Set READ-ONLY MODE ON. NO PHOTOS ON CARD Some images in the memory card may not be in a supported format. images listed below cannot be printed directly from a memory card. Print them from a computer.
- images edited on the computer
- images in a format other than JPEG or TIFF
- images with double-byte characters used in the file name
- images saved in a folder nested 4 or more layers deep INCOMPATIBLE CAMERA The printer cannot communicate with the connected camera.
Disconnect the cable between the printer and the camera to clear the error.
Confirm the following items and print again.
1. Confirm that the camera you are using supports PictBridge or Canon Bubble Jet Direct.
If the camera does not support either one, the printer cannot print directly from the camera.
2. Set the camera in PictBridge print mode before it is connected to the machine. This is required before printing for some cameras that support PictBridge.
Please refer to the camera instructions for more information about procedures required before and after connection to the printer.
3. There may have been no response from the camera for the prescribed time.
Re-connect the cable between the camera and the printer. WASTE INK NEAR FULL The waste ink absorber is getting full.
Press the OK button to clear the error.
Printing can be done until the waste ink absorber becomes full. If the waste ink absorber becomes full, please contact your local Service Center for replacement of the absorber and printer maintenance.
The waste ink absorber is a part inside the printer, which absorbs ink used in the cleaning operations, etc. CHECK PRINTER Turn the printer off, and remove the power plug from the outlet.
About ten minutes later, plug it in again, and turn the printer on.
If the problem is not resolved, the printer may require servicing. Please contact your local Service Center. HEAD ALIGNMENT ERROR Automatic print head alignment failed.
Press the OK button to release the error.
Check the followings and do automatic print head alignment again.
- Check if A4/Letter-sized paper is loaded in the auto sheet feeder.
- Check if the paper output slot is not exposed to a strong light source
- Print the nozzle check pattern to check the status of the print head.
If the problem continues, do manual print head alignment. LOAD PAPER If paper is not set, set paper and press the OK button. When paper is set, check each item and do printing again.
1. Confirm that unusable paper is not set.
2. Confirm that paper is set properly.
3. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets set in the auto sheet feeder is within the limit.
4. Cleaning the paper feed roller may resolve the error.
If the problem persists, the printer may require servicing. Please contact your local Service Center. PAPER JAMMED Remove the jammed paper.
If paper jam frequently occurs, check the following:
1. Confirm that no foreign material is inside the printer.
2. Confirm that unusable paper is not set.
3. Confirm that paper is set properly.
4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets set in the auto sheet feeder is within the limit.
If the problem persists, the printer may require servicing. Please contact your local Service Center.
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2018 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 19, 2014 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 10, 2012 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 08, 2011 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 10, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 17, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 28, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 12, 2008 | HP LaserJet 5L Printer
Jan 14, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
4,531 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: