Question about Disney DT1350-P 13" TV

1 Answer

Rear cable connector.

TV is less than a year old and the cable connector has broken off. I contacted the electronics department with the number on the back and was advised by mail that they no longer carry this part. How can a product that is less then one year old have obsolete parts!!! Can someone help with this please?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 43 Answers
Re: rear cable connector.

If you can find a local (experienced) tech have them look at it. If the cable connector is a part of the tuner, you may have a problem as the tuner may need replaced (although I have had success repairing tuners with this problem).
However, it may be that the outside connector is attached to an internal cable, then to the tuner/rf modulator. If that is the case, many of these connectors are interchangable and the repair should not be too expensive.

The key is to find a tech that has your best interest in mind.

Hope this helps...

Posted on Dec 12, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

2 Answers

The cable connector has been broken off. is there any way of fixing this without replacing the entire board

With most tv's I've serviced, the cable connector is connected directly to the tuner module. The tuner module may be damaged beyond repair, depending upon how much physical force was applied to the cable connector. I would take it to a reputable repair shop and let them provide you a honest estimate of repair. They may be able to resolder the cable connector to the tuner module.

May 16, 2011 | Zenith B32A24Z 32" TV

1 Answer

The antena / cable hook up has broken inside the TV. Where can I find a replacement part?

The connector is a standard F connector that can be purchased at Sears, Home Depot, or any electronics shop such as Radio Shack. You can get a connector that you can drill a match hole in the back of the TV near the old connector and use the cinching nut that comes with it to lock it down in the hole. Unsolder the old wire and solder it on the new tang of the F connector

What youask for is a female F connector with solder tang see::

Jan 10, 2011 | GE Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

I have an advent Q2035A television and the connector on the tv where the cable goes into has broken off can this be replaced? If it can what is the part number?

it can be replaced or repaired. unplug the set and remove the back cover. it is a coax connector that radio shack or a electronic house will carry. it should be soldered in or you could possibly reglue it back into place.
don't have part number

Sep 20, 2009 | Recoton Advent Advent Q2035A 20" TV

2 Answers

Tv just quit working

This is the best solution for your problem as a 40 year experience with wires etc. Go to the source of your cable signal connector . Open it and clean the terminals with emery paper , sand the end of the cable shiny clean from corrosion , get a new barrel connectors with gold terminals if possible lengthen the ends of the cable , insert and tighten good, use thick rg-16 or rg 40 cable with good insulation ends crimped professionally with a crimpier or buy ready made , not from dollar store. Get a gold plated professional splitter if you need one or two , it will cost about 15 or more each . Make the cable runs as short as possible, using the thick good cables. If needed get a signal magnifier. From radio shack or the source etc. Connect them good and tight . Ground the splitters . Problem solved , you will get crystal clear channel 2 to 7 including 3 and 4 . Isolate the TV cable from other cables and power wires. Vitally

Sep 11, 2009 | Emerson TS1997 19" TV

1 Answer

Yellow video jack on tv is completley out

Two ways you can fix the broken jack:

1) Find a replacement for whatever little panel the a/v jacks are mounted on and change it with the broken one in the TV. This would restore everything cosmetically and functionally. It also means trying to find the part which could be difficult and costly.

2) Go to Radio Shack and buy a video cable with an RCA jack on one end. Cut off whatever connector is on the other end, feed the cable through the hole where the old jack was, and solder the signal and shield wires to the same places the original jack was connected. Cosmetically it might not look great since you'll have the dangling cable, but it will work just fine and is a cheap solution.

If you go with the cable replacement you'll need to do some electronic soldering. If you don't have the tools and skills and don't know anybody who does, a TV shop could do it for a small labor charge. (I have no idea what the charge might be cause I've been out of the shop end of service for nearly 10 years now. But we would have charged our minimum fee of $20 for such a repair. It's probably more now, but ask around.)

Apr 12, 2009 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV

1 Answer

Coax receptor broken! Want to replace part.

if you truly need to replace the part then go out to a tv/mechanism store and buy the 12 in receptor to replace.

Mar 12, 2009 | Zenith A19A11D 19" TV

1 Answer

Broken RF Connector

you would have to get a new part for it. try looking online and out in your model number and put in rf connector needs replacing

Mar 10, 2008 | Apex Digital AT2002S 20" TV

1 Answer

Broken cable connector

Yes, its not that difficult. You may even find that you can salvage the one that you have. You'll have to unplug the TV and remove the rear cover. The connector may be located in the rear cover or a plate that sticks through the rear cover.

The connector may be attached to the TV's motherboard or a sub-board. It may even be just a bulkhead connector with a cable that is bolted to a plate.

Let me know what kind of "F" connector it is and I'll help you locate a replacement. Maybe you'll be lucky and just have to resolder the old one.

Good luck!

- Jim

Jan 31, 2008 | Zenith B27A11Z 27" TV

2 Answers

Cable connector repair

use RCA cables instead of ch 3

Oct 24, 2007 | RCA D52W15 TV

2 Answers

The cable input on the tv

The only thing you can use to utilize the AV connector is to use a cable box or with AV ouputs.

Oct 03, 2007 | Standard (CRT) Televisions

Not finding what you are looking for?
Disney DT1350-P 13" TV Logo

Related Topics:

32 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Disney Standard (CRT) Televisions Experts


Level 3 Expert

56836 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

13437 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

66499 Answers

Are you a Disney Standard (CRT) Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides