Question about Braun AromaDeluxe KF 500 Coffee Maker
1. No manual. So, what do the MINimum and MAXimum marks mean where one screws in the filter cup? and
2. What does the switch do above those marks that has "steam" symbol on the left side and a "coffee cup" symbol on the right? You can slide the switch back and forth.
Thank you very much.
SOURCE: Braun Tassimo Coffee
It's most probably from the overflow which is situated behind the splashback. When the machine leaks from there it generally means that it needs to be descaled. You can use a general descaling agent powder. dissolve it into the water container filled to max, with the cleaning disc run a few cycles with 15 minute gaps between each cycle. after it should be fine.
Posted on Nov 29, 2007
If you are unable to get the part directly from BRAUN by calling 1-800-272-8611 (if your machine still falls within the warranty they will usually replace it for free) then I would recommend that you try Ebay as corny as it sounds because you could likely buy a used/new set for not much more than you would pay for the "ordered part" from replacement part sites.
Here's an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-BRAUN-Coffee-Cappuccino-Maker-MODEL-3062_W0QQitemZ110253282082QQihZ001QQcategoryZ38252QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Also, if Braun no longer carries the part you need you could also try asking them if they have a diffuser from a different model that would work with your machine.
Posted on May 19, 2008
To pull a shot
1) Turn machine on (innermost right switch)
2) Red light goes on (power on)
3) Yellow light goes on (thermablock heater)
4) Wait for yellow light to go off
5) Detach handle (pull to left)
6) Clean handle, remove crema sieve, clean with soap & water
7) Put crema sieve in handle (you should have a choice of two)
8) Put espresso ground coffee in with brown handle
9) Tamp coffee down FIRMLY with handle
10) Place handle back into machine (push to right)
11) Ensure flip switch on leftmost side is at top position
12) Flip down rightmost switch to infuse coffee into handle
13) Wait 18 - 24 seconds
14) Flip up rightmost switch to turn off infusion
15) Put milk into container (about 200ml in a 600ml container)
16) Flip down rightmost switch to bottom position = steam
17) Keeping tip about 5mm from top of milk, foam to ~400ml
18) Place sugar in coffee, if desired
19) Pour milk in coffee
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
SOURCE: Braun Aromaster 10 coffee maker
I just purchased a second-hand 12-cup Braun Sensor coffee maker and thought I had the same problem: coffee water sat in filter and wouldn't run through. Used strong vinegar and water run-through several times and still the water sat in the filter. Then I turned the carafe to the right, so that handle wasn't sitting full middle..... coffee flowed right through. Try it.
PS: does anyone know where to find the operating manual for this model? 'Sensor' on the front; model 3092 on bottom; made in Germany.
Posted on Dec 19, 2008
I had the same trouble before and probable causes were:
too much coffee powder in the funnel?
the coffee beans are ground
too much, makes the power clogging in the bottom of the steam tube?
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2016 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Jan 14, 2011 | Bunn NHB Coffee Maker
Sep 12, 2010 | Braun Tassimo Espresso Machine/Coffee...
Aug 02, 2010 | Bialetti Brikka Espresso Machine
Apr 18, 2010 | Breville ESP8XL Espresso Machine
May 19, 2008 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Jan 13, 2008 | Braun Aromaster KF 400 Coffee Maker
Feb 03, 2007 | Braun Tassimo Espresso Machine/Coffee...
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: