Question about Sony VPL-CX86 Multimedia Projector
We have two projectors each no more than about 10 metres away from the nearest WiFi Access points yet these projectors keep "dropping" their connection to the wireless network....any advice?
Some generic solutions for WiFi dropping out may include:
1. Use of static IP addresses for the clients (in your case the 2 Sony VPL-CX86s) rather than auto obtain;
2. Disable the WEP/WPA security;
3. Set MAC filter in your router and include MAC addresses of the 2 projectors;
4. Try raising the height/position of the router; and/or
5. use an aftermarket high gain antenna for the router.
As a reminder, WiFi works by line of sight (LOS), anything in between will reduce signal strength/coverage and that include people around/near the projector unknowingly blocking the router.
Hope that this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned out or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Dec 12, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2014 | Multimedia Projectors
Jul 21, 2014 | Motorola Mobility MBP36 Baby Monitor
Nov 30, 2013 | Mitsubishi HC3000U Multimedia Projector
Feb 12, 2010 | ViewSonic PJ500 Multimedia Projector
Oct 09, 2009 | 3M X75 Multimedia Projector
Jul 06, 2008 | Sony VPL-DS100 Multimedia Projector
Dec 01, 2007 | 3M MP 8640 Multimedia Projector
Apr 27, 2014 | Sony VPL-CX86 Multimedia Projector
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: