The blade on my B&D sawcat spins even with nut tightened. cold it be the blade is worn, but i put a new blade on and it doesnt spin as freely but still spins
Hole in the blade is greater than spindle on the saw, you did not put bush washer/reducer in, or if that bit is correct, you are puting holding nut wrong way in.
Do not use saw till you rectify the problem, switch off the saw, remove power cord from socket.
1. raise saw table up for maximum cut
2. retract slide-in protector to maximum
3. remove nut from spindle, following by blade (and bush if used)
4. check internalholding washer if it is correctly inserted.
5. orient correctly internal washer (it have notch or notches and will go freely only one way - check if that is the case)
6. insert blade, with reducing bush if required
7. if external washer is used put it in
8. screw in the holding nut, hand tighten and check mobility of the blade, tighten up about 1/8 to 1/4 turn with spanner, this should be sufficient to hold blade in place without any slipage. If slipage is still present, you are doing something wrong, you need then to supply me with exact model and I will describe exact part look and order in which they must go in.
9. connect to electrical outlet
10. short switch on and off
11. check blade for wandering and slipage, if none then make test cut
12. use as usual if 11 is correct
Hope this will solve your problem :-)
Aug 16, 2010 |