Put and Play HD Videos on Apple iPhone 4 in Supported Formats
With the sharpest, most vibrant, and highest-resolution display screen, we have to admit Apple iPhone 4 is another great player for Apple lovers after the release of iPad. iPhone 4 owns a marvelous 960-by-640 resolution in a 3.5-inch screen, which makes it a more gorgeous to enjoy movies and videos. But there are tons of different video formats in the market, do you know what video or movie format will your iPhone 4 support?
iPhone 4 with Video & Movie Format Supported
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
iPhone 4 with TV Format Supported
- Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter.
- 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable.
- 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately).
iPhone 4 with Audio & Music Format Supported
- AAC (8 to 320 Kbps)
- Protected AAC (from iTunes Store)
- MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps)
- MP3 VBR
- Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+)
- Apple Lossless
iPhone 4 MPEG-4, H.264, MJPEG Video Codec - Which is Better?
We can realize iPhone 4 is capable of playing back the videos encoded using MPEG-4, H.264, MJPEG. What are the differences between iPhone 4 MPEG-4, H.264, MJPEG video codecs? iPhone 4 H.264 video is better than MPEG-4 standard video if each video is encoded at the same resolutions and same bitrates. A 800kbps H.264 video has the same quality as a 1000kbps (1Mbps) MPEG-4 standard video if each video is encoded at the same resolution (ie 1280 X720 or 640X480, the iPhone 4 screen's resolution). MJPEG basically comes from the JPEG format, which is highly standardized for compressing images. The only advantage of Mjpeg is saving CPU resource! But bitrate is very large, video quality is low!
iPhone 4 Video Converters You Need to Have:
Do you want to put and play TiVo, AVI, DiVX, XviD, AVCHD, MKV, MTS, M2TS, MPEG-2, MOD, Flash Video FLV/F4V, Windows Media Video (WMV), uncompressed Digital Video (or DV), DVR-MS, TS, TP, TRP, VRO, MVI, etc or Commercial Blu-rays or DVDs to iPhone 4? If you want to, do you know what iPhone 4 Converters you need to use?
Follow is the list of iPhone 4 Converters provided by Aunsoft:
If you'd like to rip/convert Blu-ray or DVD movies on your new iPhone 4, you can get Blu-ray/DVD to iPhone 4 Converter
If you like to watch your TiVo/DVR-MS shows, AVI, MKV, AVCHD video or other HD video on your iPhone 4, you may try iPhone 4 Video Converter
Have a look at the iPhone 4 Special Topic
and you will find the right tool for your iPhone 4.