Question about Epson FX 1170 Matrix Printer
Please perform the following steps to ensure your printer is physically functioning.
1. Turn the printer off and disconnect the interface cable.
2. Load plain, single part tractor paper into the printer.
3. Press the LOAD/EJECT button while turning on the printer.
NOTE: The self test prints over several pages. After the first or second page has printed, press PAUSE and turn the printer off.
If this self test prints correctly, then the printer hardware is functioning correctly.
If the issues persist
Please read through these instructions before trying and then follow the steps below:
1. Please power the printer "OFF".
2. Remove the printer cable from the back of the printer and remove all the paper.
3. Hold down the "LOAD/EJECT" and "TEAR OFF" buttons and turn the printer on.
4. Continue holding the "LOAD/EJECT" and "TEAR OFF" buttons down for five (5) seconds and then release both at the same time.
5. Power the printer "OFF".
6. Reconnect the printer cable.
7. Reinstall paper and ensure the thickness selector is in the correct position and that the path selector is also correct.
If the situation persists, remove the ribbon and paper and slide the print head back and forth across the width of the carriage several times. Reload the ribbon and the paper and try your test again.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
Replace the communication cable (parallel cable).
Posted on May 03, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2010 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Nov 09, 2017 | HP Photosmart 2710 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 28, 2009 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 21, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS120 27" TV
Jun 12, 2009 | HP DeskJet 640c InkJet Printer
Aug 13, 2008 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2400 Laser...
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!