Question about Dual Electronics CECT P168 Cellular Phone
I researched the net for quite a while and many people with several
"different models" of Chinese mobile phones have the same problem.
On some models the *#3646633# method seem to work out.
If I try dialing the *#3646633# the phone is still responding "not allow to dial", it's not accessing any service mode. Resetting to factory does not help either.
I tried that in many different variations, WLAN on/off, SIMs in/out both/one only/none, it even does not fully reset all settings to its origin. I aslo tried removing the battery while going to factory settings...
nothing does change a thing.
The mobile stays in "Wlan only" it can't be changed to "GSM only" or "GSM preferred", I can receive and send SMS, I can receive phone calls, but I can't dial out.
If someone does have a solution which does work for definate without
flashing firmware, please kindly pass on to me, would be very much appreciated.
Many greetings from Germany
"not allowed to dial" problem with Cesim A9530 --> SOLVED
after playing arround for a while, collecting a lot of other information from
the net, I got the problem solved with my phone:
01. Make sure two SIMs are online with good coverage, WLAN
02. Press the "call"-button and type in *#9646633#
03. The phone shows "Engineer mode" with a menu of 10 different
04. Go to No. 10 "RF test tool", using the up/down button at the left
side of the mobile.
05. Choose "GSM"
06. A message shows up "Wifi....blabla", just confirm with OK
07. Choose "Power Scan"
08. Select your local GSM frequency (in my case DSC 1800 for
Germany) and press OK.
09. The mobile will freeze now, because its adjusting itself. Leave it like
this for about 2-3 minutes and wait !!!
10. Connect your mobile via USB cable to a PC, DO NOT CONFIRM
any connection mode at your mobile, just and ONLY connect the
11. Press the Menu button (second from the left, the one with the seven
small dots on it) until you are at the main menu with the 12 icons on
12. Go to "Settings" --> "Network Setup" --> "SIM1 network setup"
13. Go to "Preferred mode" and choose "GSM preferred" or "GSM
14. The mobile will switch to your selection, but the message that it
will stays on display. Do not press anything else, just wait for about
10 - 15 seconds.
15. Disconnect the USB cable from the phone, it will show you that it
has switched to your selection.
16. Get back to main menu, switch off and restart the mobile
I hope my "weekend job" is helping a lot of other people to get rid of this
annoying problem. Please bomb your supplier with emails, so maybe
we do get a general solution to this problem. Next I will check why I do
not get the "Opera Mini 3" working, maybe an update is necessary first.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2012 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 09, 2012 | Polaroid Photography
Jul 23, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Dec 26, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
Sep 01, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 630M Notebook
Nov 26, 2007 | Acoustic Research S112PS Subwoofer
Jan 09, 2014 | Dual Electronics CECT P168 Cellular Phone
633 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!