Question about D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310 (WBR1310)
I just got comcast and they hooked up the internet using a regular cable modem, i tried to connect the wireless modem later (to save money on insulation) but i cant seem to get it to work. I connect the computer to the wireless router and the wireless to the cable modem and the modem to the cable...am i missing something?
Shut down everything starting with your computer, then the router, then the modem.
Wait 30 seconds. Restart everything in this order:
Modem first (wait for all the lights to come on) then start your router (again wait till everything lights up and settles down) finally start up you computer.
Check to see if you can connect to the routers control panel which is usually 192.168.2.1.
In the control panel there should be a place to enter your computers MAC address, usually under MAC Address Filtering. To find the Mac Address of your computer, go to Start/Run/ when the window opens type CMD and hit enter.
A Dos window should open, type in the following. ipconfig -all
It should then display your Mac Address which you will want to write down so that you have it ready to type into the Mac Address filter .
After entering all the info. Restart everything just as I instructed in the beginning and you should be good to go.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Nov 17, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Nov 10, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Oct 17, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Sep 19, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jul 23, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Mar 30, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Mar 22, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Aug 10, 2008 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: