Hi! i recently recived a Sansui 512MB Mp3 Player with FM radio( model SAN0888) for my birthday. As i was listening to it with my friend in class, at school, it fell off the desk on to the carpet. i picked it up and tried to turn it off, but it wouldn't let me press any buttons. The song stopped playing, but the screen was still on. it was like that all day, untill it turned itself off. But now the problem is it dosent turn on. I even tried plugging it in to the computer to charge it, but it still does not work. it doesnt even show up on the computer. when it fell of the desk it wasn't a huge fall, only a couple of inches. But i also think it could be the battery because it was low that morning. But the silly thing is i've only had it for 2 weeks, how can the battery run out this quickly?? please help me, i have not told my parents yet because they are the ones who gave it to me, so please give me a solution as soon as possible. thankyou. ( SORRY I WAS MENT TO POST THIS IS THE PROBLEM PAGE!!! NOT THE SOLUTION ONE!!!)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you radio has an Aux input then you can connect a audio cable from your MP3 player to the Aux input on your radio. If your radio does not have an Aux input the you can use a FM transmitter device. Connect the MP3 player to the FM transmitter and tune your FM radio to the radio frequency on this FM adapter to listen to your audio book on your MP3 player. Check out these WEB sites fro FM transmitters. http://dx.com/c/car-accessories-799/car-audio-systems-707/fm-transmitters-players-710
The service may not be available in your area. Make sure the headphones are connected to the player when searching for radio stations: Here's pg 15 of the user manual:
FM Radio (if applicable)
player includes an integrated FM radio for listening to live broadcast FM
stations. Please note that the FM Radio function may not be available in your region.
Listening to FM Radio
To listen to live broadcast FM station, follow these steps:
1. Select FM Radio from the Main Menu.
2. A radio frequency menu will appear.
3. Press |<< or >>| to adjust and search for the desired frequency, or select
preset by pressing Select.
4. For fast search, press and hold the |<< or >>| buttons.
There could be due to a corrupted file, let us try to "Format" your device. Formatting will delete any existing corruptions in your MP3 player. To format your MP3 player, please do the following steps:
Note: Formatting your MP3 player will delete all the files in your device, I suggest that you create a back-up copy of your files from your MP3 player to your computer.
1. Put the Hold switch ON, it's located at the side of the MP3 player (orange color should be visible).
2. Plug the MP3 player in your computer without the battery.
3. After it has been recognized by the computer, please open "My Computer".
4. Your device should appear as a "Removable drive" with an assigned Drive Letter (Ex: "D", "E" or "F").
5. Right click on your Sansa MP3 player then select "Format".
6. On the format pop-up page, select "FAT" for the file system.
7. Click on ok/start.
If you can't format your MP3 player at your computer. Please try it on a different computer.
Note: If your MP3 player has a Firmware version 3.x and below please try the steps below:
Also your MP3 player may have encountered temporary power loss. This issue usually happens when there is a failure of power going directly through the system of the MP3 player from the battery. Let's try to power-cycle your MP3 player. To power-cycle your MP3 player, please do the following steps:
1. Take the battery out of the player.
2. Hold the "Power/Menu" button for 30 seconds without the battery.
3. Try powering on the device.
4. Please try these steps for 3 times.
I hope these steps help you resolve your problems regarding your SanDisk product.
This is what sansa sent me when I had a similar problem. Good Luck!