Question about Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices including printers, cameras, GPS, etc. (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2016 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
Jul 23, 2014 | Canon Pixma iP4600 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 13, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
May 24, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
May 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
Oct 29, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
Sep 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
Jul 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
Jan 03, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
Mar 10, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
532 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: