Question about Plumbing
1. Shut the power off.
2. Disassemble the pump case by unscrewing the
bolts holding it.
3. Take the impeller (rotating element) off the shaft,
as well as the impeller cover (difuser) if there's
4. Take off the mechanical seal taking care of the
ceramic seat, and the carbon ring. Should this
break, you have to replace it. Just leave the
ceramic seat in place.
5. Now, you can take the motor off from the pump
6. Now, you can mount the replacement A.O. Smith
electric motor to pump housing.
7. Remount the mechanical seal, the same position
when you take it off.
8. Then, remount the impeller, the difuser, and the
pump case cover. Take care of the O-ring serving
9. Once you reassembled the unit, reinstall it, prime
10. Put the power on, and start the pump. Okey.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 23, 2015 | A.O. Smith Replacement Inground Pool Pump...
Nov 30, 2013 | AO Smith Pool Pump Motor Hayward Swimming...
Nov 30, 2013 | Hayward Power Flo Lx 1 Hp Pool Pump Sp1580
Nov 09, 2013 | AO Smith PHPT-60 60 Gallon Voltex...
May 30, 2012 | Hayward Pool & Spa
Mar 07, 2011 | AO Smith 1 1/2 HP 115/230V 56C Replacement...
Nov 18, 2010 | A.O. Smith SQ1102 Pool Pump Motor
Aug 13, 2010 | AO Smith A O Smith Motors Century 1hp 115v...
Jan 17, 2010 | AO Smith 1.5hp Pool Pump Motor 2 Speed Ao...
Oct 21, 2009 | A.O. Smith SQ1102 Pool Pump Motor
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!