My scanner worked to do PDF. Then one day it stopped, I could only use MS Scanner and Camera Wizard to Jpg. HP help me download the software and it worked for awhile. It stopped again and no matter how much uninstalling and reinstalling I cannot get this working. If I install with the disk I can see the HP Solutions Center but HP Express is gone. If I install the download the HP Solutions Center is gone so I cannot set it up to do PDF scanning.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to have a pdf-handling application installed on your computer. At least you should have Acrobat Reader. There are several pdf handling applications on the web. Google pdf. (pdf Architect, pdfTK, pdfBulider etc.)
1. You need to install a PDF printer driver on your computerfirst. There are quite a few freeware PDF writer programs on the Internet youcan download one such as CutePDF. To download Cutepdf PDF printer driver (freeware) click onthis link :-
http://www.cutepdf.com/ 2. Scan the first page then click on File - Save the image as a jpg file Eg. image1.jpg
3. Repeat the scan the next page and save the image file Eg. image2.jpg
4. Repeat step 3 for the other pages.
5. Close the scanner when finished scanning.
6. Open a Word document then place each image file on a new page in the Word document
7. Save the Word document (not necessary).
8. Click on File - Print then select CutePDF printer (or your PDF printer driver) and save the PDF file. This PDF file will contain the multiple pages of the scanned pages.
1.Insert the document you want to scan into your scanner.
2.Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Scanner and Camera Wizard
3.The Scanner and Camera Wizard appears. Click Next.
4.In the Choose Scanning Preferences page, click the Picture type option that best matches the paper you are scanning, and then click Next
5.In the Picture Name and Destination page, type a name for your image, select JPG as the file format, and select the folder where you would like the scanned image to be saved. Click Next.
6.Windows XP scans your document. On the Other Options page, click Nothing. Then, click Next.
7.On the Completing the Scanner and Camera Wizard page, you can view your scanned document by clicking the link shown. If you are not satisfied with the results, click Back to return to the Choose Scanning Preferences page, adjust your settings, and try your scan again. Repeat until you are satisfied. Click Finish to close the wizard and open the folder containing your scanned document.
Please follow the steps given below to scan from other applications.
Scanning from Microsoft Paint: ======================
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
2. Click File and then click From Scanner or Camera. If this option is not available, Please let me know.
3. If more than one image source is connected, select the HP all-in-one product and click Next. The scanning software will appear. Preview the image by selecting Preview, or click "Scan" to scan the image directly into Paint.
4. The image will open in paint for editing and/or saving.
Using Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) =============================
Verify that the all-in-one product power is turned on and the printer cable is properly connected.
1. Click Start.
2. Click Control panel.
3. Click Scanner and Camera Wizard.
Follow the Scanner and Camera Wizard instructions to scan images to the computer.
If it is possible to scan from any of the above methods, try to scan from HP schortcut File and get back to me with the results.
Scan Shortcut: ===========
1. Search for the file hpqscnvw.exe 2. File should be available in the following location
C:/Program files/HP/Digital Imaging/Bin folder
3. Create a shortcut on the desktop and double click the same to activate the scanner and try scanning.
Scanning with Windows Photo Gallery ====================================
1. Click the Start ( ) icon. 2. Click All Programs 3. Click Windows Photo Gallery 4. Click File and then click Import From Scanner or Camera 5. Click Import 6. Click Scan
Scanning with Windows Fax and Scanning =======================================
NOTE: This feature works only with Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, and Windows Vista Enterprise.
1. Click the Start () icon. 2. Click All Programs. 3. Click Windows Fax and Scanning. 4. Click New Scan. 5. Click File and then click Scan.
Scanning with Paint ====================
1. Click Windows. 2. Click All Programs. 3. Click Accessories. 4. Click Paint. 5. Click File and then click From Scanner or Camera. 6. Click Scan.
Scanning from Shortcut File ============================
* Click on the Windows logo to access the start menu. * Click on Computer. * Double click on C:\drive icon. * Double click on Program Files folder. * Double click on Hewlett Packard or HP folder. * Double click on Digital Imaging folder. * Double click on the bin folder. * Locate the hpqscnvw.exe file and double click on it.
Yes,you do have to buy the sent kit.But remember the sent kit Scan to e-mail and not directly to the computer.Your company have to have a mail server to be able to work properly.Adobe have software that you can buy that chance word document to PDF.