Question about Pioneer VSX-D812 Receiver
First make sure the speaker A/B switch is on.
If still no sound, dissconect ALL speakers from the rear of amp.
Now turn on amp and listen for the relays to click in.
One relay will click when you press power. A couple of seconds later, the speaker relay will click in.
If it does, you could have blown outputs, bad speaker wiring, faulty speakers.
If it does not, the speaker relay may be faulty.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2016 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 16, 2015 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders
• Check that the subwoofer is connected properly, switched on and the volume turned up.
• If your subwoofer has a sleep function, make sure it is switched off.
• Make sure that the Subwoofer setting is YES or PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• The crossover frequency may be set too low; try setting it higher to match the characteristics of your other speakers (see Speaker Setting on page xx)
• If there is very little low frequency information in the source material, change your speaker settings to Front: SMALL / Subwoofer: YES , or Front: LARGE / Subwoofer: PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• Check that the LFE channel is not set to -80dB , or a very quiet setting (see Bass Peak Level
on page xx).
• Check the speaker level settings (see Channel Level on page xx).
Regarding the Large vs Small assignment of speakers, what they mean isn't so much the physical size but the ability to handle real bass. Large if Yes.
Jan 12, 2011 | Boston Acoustics PV600 Main / Stereo...
May 30, 2010 | Pioneer VSX-90TXV Receiver
Jan 28, 2009 | Pioneer VSX-D608 Receiver
May 29, 2008 | Pioneer VSX-49TXi Receiver
Nov 23, 2007 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 07, 2007 | Pioneer DEH-1500 CD Player
Oct 03, 2007 | Pioneer VSX-81TXV Receiver
404 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!