- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Are you saying you are trying to setup a wireless connection, even though you don't have internet? Impossible!
Normal setup - Connect the ISP modem to main uplink port on router. Then connect pc to any other port. Done!
Now connect PS3 as normal. Look for the Belkin network SSID and Key. There is a small piece of paper underneath the router with default ID and password key. It is also noted on Web Admin page. You can always use the reset to clear any custom settings.
Access point option is only for unsecured connection. Do not use.
I think you will need to reconfigure the router. You can access the Internet when you connect the computer to the modem. That means the modem is working fine. Connect the modem to the Internet port on the router and computer to port 1 on the router. Press and hold the reset button on the rotuer for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the router and reconfigure it. Follow this link to reconfigure the router.
you need to setup the wireless connection if you havent already and your router needs to be a "wireless" router in order to create that type of internet connection. Have you laptop then scan for one which would be the one you just made and input the correct information to connect. If that doesn't work I'd suggest getting a new wireless router
You should configure your Router as a "router" or as a bridge. Usually, you can access the router's IP via web service (using http://ip.address.of-this.router). In this web access, you can modify your router configuration to act as router or bridge, also you have to specify the DNS, DHCP configuration as well.
Maybe with posting your Type of router, i could help you more with it...
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator. 2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key. 3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. Click the Wireless Settings under Advanced tab. 5. Check the box under Enable Wireless Router Radio and Enable Wireless SSID Broadcast. 6. Click the Wireless Settings under Setup. 7. Change Channel (recommended are 1, 6 and 11). 8. Change the SSID to uniquely identify your network. You might have a similar SSID with your neighbor.
Note: Do not change the SSID if there are already other wireless computers that can connect to the network.
Other factors that you may consider when you are not able to view any available wireless network:
a. Switch for the wireless adapter is turned off b. Distance between the wireless router and computer c. Possible wireless interferences