OK PEOPLE, I HAVE THE DUAL XDVD8181 just installed, you don't need to do any kind of code to get the video to bypass. this is what you have to do
Get a toggle switch, one that flips one way for ON, and the other way for OFF. connect parking brake wire (yellow/blue) to one end of the switch and the other end to the ground of the radio (Black wire) leave the switch in off position, turn on radio and insert dvd, when you get the blue screen, flip switch ON OFF ON wait 5 seconds and video will come on. That it fellas.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
at this time there isn't a code bypass for this model. the easiest thing to do so that you can play video while in motion. is to put a toggle switch on the parking brake wire of the dual screen. then do the ebrake pattern on the switch instead of the ebrake in the car
1. disconnect the parking brake wire of the dual from ur ebrake wire in your car.
2. take your 2 wire toggle switch and connect one wire to Ground(metal)
3. take the other wire and connect it to the parking brake wire of the dual screen.
if i remember correctly, the pattern for the dual screens is.
1. starting in the off position.
2. on for 2 secs
3. off for 2 secs.
4. then on .. the the video will show.
on the back of the unit you will see a yellow/blue wire probably has a tag that says parking brake(-) tie that wire in with your main ground wire- black wire. no more video block. so i dont get in trouble remember that in most states it is illegal to watch videos while driving so dont watch them while driving this is only used as a reference only and do this at your own risk.
The principle is to ground the yellow/blue wire of the Dual XDVD8181 but with certain sequence and a few other actions. It is better explained with illustrations here while a pdf "how to" is available fro download here. User discretion with a consideration for safety pls.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
1. AUDIO CD METHOD (Permanent) ** Insert Audio CD ** Press PLAY ** Press STOP twice on remote ** Enter 26604 on remote ** Press ENTER ** Take out Audio CD and Insert a DVD Credit: Myself via a DUAL Tech
2. DVD METHOD (Permanent) ** Insert a DVD ** Let it play until you hear sound ** Press STOP twice on remote ** Enter 26604 ** Press ENTER Credit: Adam P.
The blue warning screen should immediately go away after pressing the last digit of "26604." Still press ENTER as a precaution.