Question about GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
Hi. Can you tell me what I can ask for the above oven? We're remodeling and want to sell it. It is in perfect condition.
does the bake element come on at all?
if so, try the oven out. do a bake @ 350 allow it to pre-heat, and see if once the pre-heat is comlete, id the broil shuts off.
on many ovens at the beginning of the cycle during pre-heat both bake and broil elements are powered.
other than that it may be a control board, or a burnt and crossed wire in the harness.
Posted on May 29, 2009
Oven temp exceeds 590 w/ unlocked door
High resistance or interference in oven temperature sensor. Replace oven temperature sensor
Note: Also see fan thermal switches Indicates that oven is over temperature in one of the following modes within either a cooking or clean mode of operation.
· Control senses oven temperature above 650 degrees F with the door circuit in the unlock mode.
· Control senses oven temperature above 935 degrees F with the door in the locked mode.
· Stalled cooling fan or airflow problem. · Look for welded relay contacts. (Heating elements on in off mode).
· Look for open thermal switch in lock motor circuit. Switch is normally closed and will open if area overheats due to fan not operating. Look for cause - fan thermal switch not closing, fan stalled, etc.
· Look for high resistance in the oven temperature sensor circuit due to high contact resistance (poor terminal crimp, deformed terminals, loose connection) or intermittent solder joint on control or intermittent oven temperature sensor.
· Look for electrical noise interference in the oven temperature sensor circuit (Ham radio, cordless phone, etc.).
Posted on Nov 11, 2009
F5 Loss of relay drive circuit If this fault code cannot be cancelled, replace the oven control (also called clock or ERC).
Posted on Nov 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2014 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
Mar 08, 2012 | GE JKP15 Electric Single Oven
Apr 02, 2011 | GE JKP15 Electric Single Oven
May 07, 2010 | GE JKP15 Electric Single Oven
Nov 21, 2009 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
Jun 04, 2009 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
Jan 14, 2009 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: